BeZero Carbon is a global ratings agency for the Voluntary Carbon Market. We distribute our ratings via our SaaS Product, BeZero Carbon Markets, informing all market participants on how to price and manage risk. Our ratings and research tools support buyers, intermediaries, investors and carbon project developers.
Founded in April 2020, our 120+ strong team combines climatic and earth sciences, sell-side financial research, earth observation, machine learning, data and technology, engineering, and public policy expertise. We work from four continents.
Having raised a significant Series B funding round in late 2022, we are rapidly growing as a company, accelerating the Net-Zero transition through ratings.
BeZero is looking for an energetic, intelligent and driven Senior Account Executive to drive sales within the EMEA region.
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for an allocated sales quota, selling the BeZero Platform and API. Specifically:
● Meet or exceed quarterly new business goals for a specific territory within the EMEA region, drive new customer leads through cold approaches, social selling and coordinated campaign outreach
● Employ a solution-based sales methodology to best align BeZero Carbon solutions/product capabilities in line with the prospect’s requirements
● Provide timely and accurate insight to your pipeline leading to accurate forecasts
● Originate new sales in the assigned territory to meet assigned sales quota
● Use appropriate techniques to build and manage a pipeline of new business targets and progress the sales cycle
● Develop relevant client and industry relationships to elevate awareness and position of BeZero Carbon services to drive business growth
● Work collaboratively with the wider BeZero Carbon organisation to maximise growth opportunities
● Contribute to the BeZero growth strategy through proactive knowledge of assigned territory, including market themes, competitive landscape, etc.
● Manage forecasts and lead/campaign execution with rigour and accuracy
●Good communication skills - specifically, the capability to effectively explain the BeZero Carbon product to both experienced energy participants in semi-technical language and new entrants in the VCM space in layman’s terms.
●Kindness - we, as a team and as a company, believe in being kind over being nice. We are constantly giving and receiving constructive feedback and we are always trying to be empathetic. We’re all on a journey, all growing together.
●Experience in a Quota-bearing role
●At least 3 years of proven track sales record, including successful execution of complex sales and negotiations, whilst building strong relationships with key client and internal stakeholders.
●Demonstrable experience of working in a high-achieving sales environment
●Experience selling financial and/or commodity information services (Data/Platform sales to Front to Back-office users)
●Experience of coordinating and completing RFPs and presenting to senior decision-makers and stakeholders
●Willingness to travel to conduct face to face meetings or attend industry conferences
●Well-developed IT skills, notably MS PowerPoint & Excel and CRM systems.
●Bachelor’s degree minimum
Preferred: [non-required but preferred skills]
- Built out a new sales team or set up a new regional office
- Led and executed a geographical and / or new product GTM
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary and opportunity for equity in a rapidly growing VC-backed start-up through share options
- Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Opportunity to work in a cross-cutting role, interacting with lots of different parts of the business
- Growth opportunities that come from working at a fast-paced VC-backed technology business
- Opportunity to work remote or in our Central London office space (Old Street) with flexibility to work from home + some flexibility over working location during the summer
- Regular social events
- 25 days leave (with additional time off between Christmas and New Year, and for your birthday)
- Private medical insurance, dental, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance, medical cash plan, cycle to work scheme, and a health and wellness cash allowance
We value diversity at BeZero Carbon. We need a team that brings different perspectives and backgrounds together to build the tools needed to make the voluntary carbon market transparent. We’re therefore committed to not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, age, or disability.