So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’re grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can by our customers and by each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do.
As the Sales and Retention Manager this is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work in a dynamic, commercial and customer focussed team with aggressive growth plans across this year and beyond. You will report into the Head of Sales and you will ensure we are delivering a Customer Acquisition strategy that aligns with the business values, mission and customer-centric nature.
- Work closely with Head of Sales and Marketing to define key areas of sales opportunities for prospects as well as driving existing customers to engage new products and existing services
- Work with the Head of Sales and Marketing to develop new renewal and retention incentives
- Anticipate and plan for end of contract renewals and proactively manage the process to reduce cancellations or customer churn
- Manage customer acquisition channels including PCWs, Referrals, PPC, WoM, Field and telesales.
- Use data analysis to ensure your key metrics are aligned with targets including Cost to Acquire and Customer Lifetime Value
- Be the go-to person for day-to-day sales activities with 3rd parties, ensuring that reporting and sales data aligns with expected inputs
- Support the Head of Sales & marketing with monthly reporting to find changes/ opportunities
- Ensure that interprets business strategy that aligns to our targets for growth, as well as our customer value driven principals
- Support the tactical implementation of the sales strategy across multiple customer acquisition streams
- Provide forecasts and financials to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) & the Head of Sales and Marketing
- Motivate & encourage all third-parties to act in line with our values
- Work cross-functionally with product, Engineering and Customer operations to deliver a best in class, end- to- end customer journey
- Work closely with the training team to deliver training and material that will support the sales channels in their objectives
- Competitive salary plus 10% performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces people's ideals and fosters collaboration across the business
- Use of the Hastee platform to access some of your pay in a pinch
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub and Salary Sacrifice Tech Purchase scheme
- Life assurance 4x base salary
At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career.
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up-to-date version of your CV.