Legal and Compliance are partners across the whole business here at Flo. They watch over everything: Flo’s privacy programme, compliance with regulatory obligations, contract management, IP enforcement… you name it.
The team’s divided into three groups - Privacy & Data Protection, Regulatory & Compliance, and Legal Services, each managing its own area.
Our Legal team is our biggest within the Legal & Compliance function. As a team of six, they work across the UK, Netherlands, and Lithuania to handle a wide variety of operational legal issues and processes here at Flo.
We’re on the search for a new Legal Counsel to come and join our team working in a fast-paced health tech setting where there’s plenty of opportunity to support a variety of tech, commercial and support departments, and have a real input to the development and maturity of our legal function as a whole.
Please note this team usually comes into our Vilnius office once or twice a week on a flexible and informal basis, but there are no set requirements for regular office work.
- Strong knowledge of contractual law, including US and UK contractual laws
- Basic knowledge of GDPR and other privacy laws applicable to tech companies processing personal data and acting as data controllers
- Good understanding of tech companies’ business operations and applicable regulatory landscape
- Developed project management skills
- Proficiency with necessary project management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Proficient user of legal tech tools and legal databases
- Strong English (B2)
Nice to have:
- Excellent English language knowledge (C1)
- Experience working with or at a tech company
- Good knowledge of Lithuanian corporate and employment laws
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property laws
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Review and draft contracts to support the Flo Health group of companies’ operations across all locations
- Support the end-to-end vendor onboarding process from the legal standpoint (conduct vendor assessments and present their results using the risk-based approach)
- Working with the contract management system (Gatekeeper) and sanctions screening tools and databases
- Where required and appropriate, propose improvements in existing workflows of the team (regarding corporate, contractual, and intellectual property work processes)
- Support other business functions with the provision of legal advice in plain English on various matters
- Cooperate with the Vendor Management team on contractual work and within the vendor onboarding or offboarding process
- Carry out supplier due diligence processes
- Conduct intellectual property enforcement activities
- Draft corporate documents and assist the Finance team with addressing KYC requests and also during the financial audits
- Draft and revise the Company’s internal policies and processes, including the internal policies and processes of the team, to ensure smooth operations
- Act as a project manager in relation to low and medium-risk projects of the team
- Draft and review DPA, SCCs, and other privacy-related contracts
A monthly salary base for this position in Lithuania starts from 2796 gross