Otrium is a supply-led marketplace. We support brands in selling their offprice through our app and website. We ensure that the brands’ recovery value is strong and brands pay a commission for this. This commission is our revenue.
The Revenue Controller is responsible for the correct, complete and intuitive presentation of our revenues and for the establishment of solid processes around revenue recognition and cash collection. The Revenue Controller is also in charge of business case development and assessment on brand agreements, having a close collaboration with external brands, with the internal business development team as well as with the wider accounting team.
- Month end closing on elements such as gross merchandise value, return rate, revenue from shipping and return income, and revenues from commission.
- Perform internal control checks on our invoicing to brand partners with the purpose to guarantee complete cash generation
- Set frameworks and calculate business cases to ensure the deals we sign with brands are value accretive to our business
- Analysis of our take rate and margin development
- Preparation of audit information
- Close collaboration with our internal team that attracts brands to our platform. Supportive of the profitable growth of our business in interactions with brands in the EU and US
- Participate and contribute to projects that will enable stronger business performance. This includes cross-border deals, pre-payment business cases, stock buys and all of its financial reporting and accounting consequences
- Enable system improvements [predominantly in NetSuite] and development of stronger and faster processes
- Chartered Financial Analyst/ Register Controller [CFA/RC] or commercially savvy Chartered Accountant [CA / RA] with >5 year’s relevant work experience
- Experience with invoicing to third parties and external, commercial relationships preferred
- Having worked in an online marketplace/platform model will be a distinct advantage
- Fluent in English, located in the Netherlands