If you’re a multi-skilled engineer looking to have a big impact in a brand new facility, this could be the prefect role for you! You will be right at the heart of our state-of-the-art Vertical Farm in Sandwich, Kent, responsible for improving, servicing and repairing the equipment. You will support the delivery of operational KPI’s (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale and innovation) and work within the Engineering team to drive excellent standards of production delivery and continuous improvement, whilst always protecting a safe and sustainable environment. You will be required to champion specific skills and coach others. You will have an understanding of key cost drivers in the facility and will grow this in line with your wider project management skills.
Knowledge and application of technical skills to operate, maintain, improve, and repair equipment. This allows production targets to be met safely, at the right level of quality and on time.
- Understand how the Vertical Farm operates and how the process works from start to finish.
- Understand the principles of mechanism and motion and be able to conduct changeovers, repairs and adjustments (eg Cams, slides, bearings, belts and pulleys). Able to do mechanical maintenance tasks and utilise appropriate lubrication regimes.
- Understand the principles and application of Pneumatics on the Vertical Farm. Must be able to fault find and do repairs.
- Conduct electrical tests and fault find. Able to do electrical repairs. Have knowledge of Lock off/Tag out, Isolation Procedures, Fault location on a Common Control system and testing and verification of common Proximity Sensors.
- Able to work in a safe manner, conduct risk assessments, work with contractors, write permits and assist with other departmental requests as appropriate.
- Experienced with the use of Microsoft office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Able to interpret Engineering drawings (Mechanical/Electrical/P& ID)
- Use the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) to complete (or create) work orders.
- Will be required to complete CMMS Planned Preventative Maintenance checks so that the equipment is maintained to a very high standard.
- Responsibility for the following areas within the Engineering Team: Safety, Environment, Continuous Improvement, Production output, Problem Solving, Planned Preventative Maintenance, Machine Breakdowns, Root cause Analysis, Auditing the Engineering stores inventory, 5S principles to improve the Engineering workshop/stores, updating the CMMS stock levels as required.
- A proactive approach is necessary, identifying any defects or worn parts, to prevent a failure or downtime in the Production process.
- Assist with the creation of Engineering Operating Procedures, write training guides and organise other relevant documentation within the Engineering department (eg manuals/drawings).
- Assist the Maintenance Co-ordinator with projects/maintenance shutdown tasks
- You have a Time served Engineering apprenticeship or post apprenticeship skill level.
- You have school leaver qualifications in English, Comprehension, Writing and Mathematics.
- You have experience of Manufacturing with Fast Moving Consumer Goods, preferably in the food industry.
- You have core Engineering skills, background in Maintenance, Mechanical/Electrical/Bench fitting and Machining.
- You have experience of food hygiene.
- You have experience withing a project management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
- You enjoy fast-paced working and collaborating with like-minded individuals.
- Strong Communication/Leadership skills are pivotal to our success. You’ve developed top-notch listening and relationship-building skills.
- Be part of a great business – you will be joining one of the fastest growing and most exciting businesses in the vertical farming industry
- Be part of a great team – you will work with, coach, build and learn from a friendly, smart, growing, and passionate team who care about each other and the business
- Grow yourself – a chance to develop yourself and make the role your own as the business and team builds, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level
- Share our passion for driving change for good – sustainable production is at the heart of what we do as we have achieved B Corp certification
- £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
- Annual bonus based on company, team and individual performance
- Employee incentivisation scheme
- 20 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee benefits programme with Bravo Benefits