About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital is a leading organisation in the world of Skills and Inclusion. Since 2015 we’ve built some of the world's largest award-winning digital skills, talent and inclusion programmes empowering over 650,000 people globally partnering with the likes of Google, Walmart, HSBC, and TikTok.
We are passionate about tackling the skills and representation in business, supporting companies to create equitable career pathways to boost progression and develop relevant skills for the future workplace.
As a company, we have big plans, to continue our expansion and growth in the UK, and continue to roll out our programs targeting the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa markets. We are continuing to grow and want to build an iconic company recognised for its innovative approach to delivering scalable learning.
About the challenge
You are a Head of Finance who is excited in helping to build a strong financial foundation within the business, whilst supporting opportunities for growth and investment.
You will be process-driven with an unparalleled attention to detail and focused on ensuring the company has financial strategic vision and risk management. The role will oversee budgeting and forecasting, financial planning, cashflow management and analytical reporting to ensure that the Management team are making informed and strategic commercial decisions that support the company’s wider objectives.
We have ambitious revenue and profitability targets and we know that in order to achieve them we need a commercial finance manager to support the scale and growth of the business.
You will also be responsible for managing a Junior Finance Assistant; supporting their development, completing their appraisals, monitoring their performance and coaching them on best practice as a Finance Assistant.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly/annual statutory reporting in compliance with applicable standards both in UK and overseas
- Maintain accounting records at all times ensuringaccurate bookkeeping
- Produce monthly cash flow reporting and analysis of financial statements including statement of activities, fund balance, and sources/uses of funds to the CEO on a monthly basis
- Manage relationships with banks, external accountants and tax authorities
- Manage Group’s treasury function to optimize company’s cash reserves
- Maintain accounting systems making enhancements as and when needed
- Ensure robust internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets
- Enforce policies and procedures which improve financial effectiveness
- Oversee our Tax planning including preparation of quarterly VAT returns and identify opportunities for tax efficiencies
- Drive continuous improvement and optimisation of financial processes, including implementation of best practices
- Work closely with the Sales and Commercial teams to help manage client/suppliers contracts and payments
- Optimise the financial processes for our Talent Management System and our freelance and talent invoicing
- Coach and develop the finance assistant to share knowledge and build expertise to provide an effective finance support function.
- Oversee processing of payroll and trainer payments
- Lead company budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes working closely with management and leadership teams
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive “user friendly” financial model
- Track and analyse company performance vs budget and provide insights/explanations as and when needed to help improve decision making
- Support managers to develop robust profitability analysis for their activities
- Work with managers to develop appropriate costing and pricing models that can be applied consistently and effectively across their product lines.
- Contribute to pricing and contract reviews to deliver sustainable growth
- Provide monthly cashflow forecasts to optimize use of company’s funds
- Seek ways to reduce or maintain costs including implementing new policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Provide support for ad hoc commercial activities proving necessary ROI as and when needed
- Responsible for onboarding, training and the offboarding of all your direct reports in line with company policy and procedure
- Managing the performance management and development of your direct reports, conducting appraisals, annual performance reviews and any other review meetings in line with company policy and procedure
- Managing leave and absence on behalf of your direct reports in line with company policy and procedure
- Stay abreast of all company policies and ensure that your direct reports are well-informed and communicated any updates
- Where appropriate, work with the HR team to remain accountable for recruitment needs on behalf of your team, screening candidates, building interview kits and making final hiring decisions
- Create opportunities for team-building activities and events to increase team cohesion and collaboration
- Drive team engagement and satisfaction by supporting your direct reports in matters of well-being, psychological safety and belonging
- Commercial and business awareness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An analytical approach to work
- High numeracy and sound technical skills
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- An ability to balance the demands of work with study commitments
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- An ability to work as part of a team and to build working relationships
- A capacity to make quick but rational decisions
- A potential to lead and motivate others.
3-5 years post qualified accountant (CIMA or equivalent)
High growth international experience (preferably tech platforms / service delivery)
Exposure to Xero systems and multi-currency environments
Location: UK based - We currently do not offer sponsorship
We own it: The impact of what we do is what fuels us, so we take full ownership of our work and our relationships to ensure we deliver with pride.
We fix each other’s crowns: Whether it’s our team, our clients or our partners, we support each other to be at our best, always striving to be there when you need an uplift.
We strive to grow: Every person we meet has something amazing to offer this world, so we celebrate our differences and foster a mindset of curiosity, inspiring each other to greatness.
We work sustainably: We adopt mindful practices and prioritise the health of each other and our environment, ensuring our impact is always positive.
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality, so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application.