● Are you passionate about education and conservation?
● Do you have experience in teaching and knowledge about business and enterprise?
● Do you have experience of leading groups and managing diverse international teams?
● Are you looking for a role which brings adventure and challenge in bucketloads?
Details of contract:
● 12 Months (Rolling)
● Voluntary role with generous living allowance, including accommodation and food
● All visa costs covered
Bukit Lawang, with some travel to Medan, Binjai and other surrounding villages.
● Living allowance and expenses package
● Free meals while working
● Regular staff training and a supportive board of Trustees
● The opportunity to work with a diverse team of change-makers in a stunning natural environment!
● Opportunities for jungle trekking both with Youth Ranger classes and as part of the volunteer cycle at least once per year.
● Taking part in some of the volunteer activities including workshops and Phase Review weekends as part of the Volunteer Journey.
The Sustainable Business Programme provides free business start-up training to aspiring entrepreneurs from rural village communities. The programme was designed with the communities needs at its heart and its objectives have been established in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The programme has been delivered in two rural communities with 18 successful graduates who are now implementing their new knowledge and grant money into their Businesses. The Sustainable Business Programme continues to support its existing entrepreneurs and strives to deliver in new communities.
The Business Programme Manager will lead on all aspects of the Sustainable Business Programme. This includes: beneficiary recruitment, curriculum delivery, monitoring, evaluation, data collection, impact monitoring and reporting to Trustees and donors. They are committed to developing the Sustainable Business Programme and coordinating the team of local staff, interns and volunteers who are involved in the programme delivery. They lead on the logistical planning of grant distribution as well as the budgeting and financial record keeping for the grant and budget relating to the programme. The Business Programme Manager works closely with our board of Trustees to ensure that all relevant paperwork and requirements are adhered to throughout the programme.
● Lead on the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the Sustainable Business Programme.
● Develop the curriculum and delivery of the Sustainable Business Programme in line with local experience and considerations as well as using expertise from business interns, advisors and from staff training.
● Have overall responsibility for all reporting obligations regarding the Sustainable Business Programme.
● Manage the financial reporting for the Sustainable Business Programme along with the Hub Operations Manager and assist them with the complete financial reporting obligations for the total Trust budget in consultation with the BLT’s Board of Trustees and Treasurer
● Ensure that Bukit Lawang Trust has strong working relationships with the village leaders where we operate our Sustainable Business Programme and adhere to any local and regional policies and laws.
● Organise and coordinate events which relate to sustainability and promote the protection of the Leuser Ecosystem and promote and celebrate sustainable business practices.
● Seek opportunities and partnerships with organisations and individuals who can offer funding and or education for the communities we serve relating to sustainability and education around this knowledge.
● Oversee regular programmatic, communication and safety updates for all relevant internal stakeholders, consistent with the political, social and economic realities of Indonesia.
● Maintain a close working relationship with Bukit Lawang Trust UK office (The Board of Trustees), ensuring that Bukit Lawang Trust’s policies and quality standards are maintained across all operations.
● Manage and coordinate the Sustainable Business Programme team; local staff, volunteers and interns including ensuring that staff and volunteers of the programme receive high quality training which enables them to effectively contribute to the Sustainable Business Programme objectives.
● Maintain excellent records in accordance with GDPR regulations of the beneficiaries of the Sustainable Business Programme including all follow up interviews, all documentation and every breakdown of grants and business details.
● Support the other managers at the Trust to organise and run the various volunteer experiences throughout the placement cycles.
● Support the Operations manager with the day to day running of the Trust Hub.