Your Mission Should You Choose To Accept It
As our new Director of Global Communications, you’ll be telling The Social Hub’s story around the world. Briefing press on our latest news, sharing insights and programming, to working on our investor relations and engagement with municipalities through our public affairs outreach, we are a small but mighty voice for The Social Hub on a broad range of topics to several stakeholders. You will be responsible for crafting and leading the external communications (and public affairs), focusing on earned public relations, social impact, sustainability, real estate, as well as crisis communications. The Social Hub is growing at a fast pace and needs a collaborative leader to own and scale this function.
You’ll refine our global communications strategy, working to build upon the brand and business strategy to deliver the brand voice to targeted audiences – consumers, media, trade, employees, and other significant stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for the external communications strategy, focusing on earned public relations, social media, sustainability, and corporate responsibility, as well as crisis communications.
In Case You Don’t Know Who We Are (ahem)…
Redefining hybrid hospitality since 2012, TSH sets standards on a global scale. Offering a community-driven, socially inspired hotel concept with student accommodation, as well as long and short hotel-stay options, eat & drink, gym and rooftop bar facilities, and coworking for every demographic, the company’s success is unprecedented. With 16 hotels in 6 countries and plans to open at least 3 more locations each year until 2026, TSH is a fun, creative, and inspiring environment where everyone can work, stay, learn, and play. Thanks to an exceptional international team of changemakers, our one goal is to make society a better place for everyone.
What You’ll Do
- You'll own and manage the communications budget, strategy, and execution plan.
- You'll provide communications strategic advice and counsel to the board.
- You'll support and grow the CEO and other spokespeople's executive profiles including speeches for launch events, and content writing support for Linked In and other high-profile moments.
- You'll support the PR manager with agency network co-ordination, strategy, etc.
- You'll design and manage media training for spokespeople at the Support Hub (headquarters) and on a property (with partners if appropriate).
- You'll lead the crisis communications at The Social Hub from strategy and response (proactive, reactive, and content) – supporting departments and properties on the protocols (including running annual training).
- You'll sit on the editorial board along with the content, social, and marketing teams.
- You partner with the real estate team on milestones for property launches as well as lead on communications for new hotel openings – from strategy to execution (with partners).
- You'll build relationships with the investor's communications team.
- You'll champion the communications team, share best practices, and set the team up for success.
- You can both train spokespeople, and act as a partner to prepare commentary and response, and can act as a spokesperson for the brand.
- You'll oversee and evaluate press coverage/ outreach/ KOL relationships guiding improvement.
Who You Are
- You have at least 15 years of experience in communications or journalism, with 5 of those leading a team
- You have a deep level of communications experience but can demonstrate working collaboratively at a senior (management) level across other departments and with CEOs/Board Members
- You will have global experience – having worked in different countries in Europe and/or the UK, ideally with fluency in at least one additional European language from our key markets (Spanish, German, French, Italian, Dutch). Please note fluent English is a pre-requisite.
- You can reach senior media contacts from your career to sell stories, collaborations, and news from The Social Hub – a growing European multi-national
- You are a passionate writer and storyteller
- You have the highest quality of communications standards
- You are able to evaluate opportunities and bring extensive experience working with senior (editor/ dep editor) journalists of national and international publications
- You can regularly create holistic strategies and narratives for newsworthy stories
- You can use your network and RFP processes to review, recruit, and onboard resources where appropriate for incremental support (agency, freelance, etc.)
- You have interest or experience in the hospitality, culture, or education sectors - You have both B2B and B2C communications experience
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, multi-national company based in one of Europe’s most exciting cities
- We’re not just another hotel - we’re a game-changing innovator, challenging every convention and defining the future
- The chance to learn and grow in your role with the potential for future growth.
- Awesome discounts on all our properties in Europe and not just for you, but also for your friends and family!
- The freedom to work remotely or to come to the office – whatever suits you best!
- A wonderful workplace to call home - full of events, fun-loving colleagues, and of course all of the other amazing salary and benefit stuff
Where people come together, committed to providing the best space, experience, and coworking space for our community and even more so, the people who work for TSH. With everything from mental health support to leadership training and more, we are here to help you grow as much as we do as a company. We promote a workplace where society comes together to do better and we do this no matter the age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and national origin. Your fascinating characteristics are what make us different, so come as you are.