This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to progress their career to join Stone King’s highly respected Marketing and Business Development Team. The role will be based in the Bath or London office, however hybrid working is available. The role will involve supporting a structured approach to targeting, client development and pitching. This position presents an excellent opportunity for the BD executive to explore every aspect of client and market development in a professional services environment working closely with the multiple senior stakeholders to deliver tangible results.
Reasons to Apply:
- Opportunity to gain invaluable experience and skills, working with our friendly Marketing and Business Development team, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our specialists across the firm.
- To be part of an ambitious, collaborative and friendly national firm where our culture and values are at the heart of everything we do. We believe our people are our greatest asset and strive to create the best place to work.
- Excellent benefits for our people, with a focus on wellbeing and development at the forefront.
- Hybrid working - Stone King are proud to be signatories of the Mindful Business Charter as part of our commitment to mental health and wellbeing. We want to support all of our people in achieving a healthy work/ life balance, and would be happy to speak with prospective candidates about flexible working arrangements.
General duties include, but not limited to:
- Ensuring there is a structured approach in place for maintaining up-to-date BD information and knowledge
- Supporting bids and tenders, working collaboratively with fee earners and the wider MBD team to create winning propositions.
- Providing insight into the clients and markets by collating research for pre-tender meetings.
- Supporting on the delivery of the pitch process by preparing proposal structures and collating content.
- Using market awareness and product knowledge to focus on hot topics and trends which support the pitch strategy.
- Spotting trends and working with the SK Marketing team to help develop communications to maximise the benefits from these across the firm
- Taking a hands-on approach to supporting on the sales process including pitches. This includes working with partners to qualify opportunities, to ensure SK only pitch for work we want to win, client and market research, pitch tracking and pitch reviews.
- Developing standard capability statements, other sales support collateral and constantly working to improve the pitch process.
- Contributing to wider Business Development & Marketing projects
- Relevant qualification and previous experience of Marketing and Business Development.
- Able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working with all levels of seniority
- Advanced knowledge in all Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills are necessary
- Personable, professional and confident
- An acute attention to detail
Working hours are 9:00am – 5:30pm, although the candidate will be required to work to beyond standard office hours on occasions in order to attend events.
We are an ambitious, collaborative and friendly firm recognised as leaders in our field with offices across the country. Our culture and Core Values are at the heart of what we do. We know that our Firm can only succeed with the right people, and that is why we employ talented individuals who want to work for a Law Firm that is among the best in the UK has a leading reputation and is top ranked in Chambers and Legal 500
Individual differences are embraced at Stone King and we strive to create an environment in which people feel supported and able to be themselves. As well as signing up to the Race Fairness Commitment, we have a Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Strategy Group, along with Diversity & Inclusion Allies.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive working environment that supports the growth and development of all our people, and we welcome applications from candidates of all ethnicities, disabilities, social backgrounds, age, sexual orientations and gender identities. As part of our continued commitment to an inclusive working environment, we are proud to have signed up to the Age Friendly Employer Pledge.
Stone King are also proud to be signatories of the Mindful Business Charter as part of our commitment to mental health and wellbeing. We want to support all of our people in achieving a healthy work/ life balance, and would be happy to speak with prospective candidates about flexible working arrangements.
We want our recruitment practices to be as inclusive as possible, so please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process to help you perform to your best.
- Competitive salary
- Profit Share Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Benefit Platform
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday (in addition to statutory UK holidays).
Closing date: 4 August 2023
Adverts normally close at midday on the closing date, however vacancies may close early if sufficient applications have been received. Therefore we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Stone King LLP is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity by encouraging all our staff to achieve their full potential and guaranteeing that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant information or discriminatory practices.
Recruitment agencies – please do not send us unsolicited CVs. If you do so, we reserve the right to contact the candidate directly and your T&Cs will not apply.