A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Business Applications Team
We deliver trusted, scalable, secure services and infrastructure to empower Thumbtack employees with the tools they need to get work done. We partner with the business and own our platform of internal tools throughout their lifecycle -- intake, prioritization, buy/build, implementation, support, and retirement.
About the Role
As a Salesforce Architect at Thumbtack, you’ll focus on overseeing the design and scalability of applications and tools which help our teams bring the Thumbtack vision to life. You’ll collaborate with other admins, product managers, end users, and operations leaders to help the Admin team execute a broad range of projects for the teams we support with a focus on driving measurable impact to the larger company.
- Own the design of Salesforce and other affiliated solutions for Sales and Service.
- Monitor and guide the rest of the team to ensure build alignment and scalable architecture while minimizing tech debt.
- Drive technology projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on the business impact to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to scope and execute projects.
- Understand the technology of our platforms/tools (Genesys, Gearset, Workato, Pardot, Salesforce Integrations)
- Drives the adoption of architectural patterns, design policies, code quality, and performance requirements cross-functionally
What you’ll need
- Application Architect, Systems Architect or higher certifications.
- 7+ Years of Salesforce Administration or Development Experience
- You know what it means to build high-quality, maintainable, scalable tools or applications.
- You can break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs needed to deliver great, impactful tools and applications.
- You’re curious, you’re data-driven, you love to ask questions, and you think critically about problems.
- You’re comfortable communicating about your work with both technical and non-technical team members, including engineers, product managers, designers, analysts, and end users.
Bonus points if you have
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Technical Architect Certification
- Marketing Cloud Experience
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in all approved US locations, the expected salary range for the role is currently $125,000 - $249,550. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.