Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 129 million registered learners as of June 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
Coursera’s IT department is responsible for the Corporate tools and technology that are required for the company to operate efficiently and effectively. We are a growing IT department that plays an integral role in the company’s ability to perform its day-to-day tasks. While supporting an ever-growing number of users with top-tier tools and applications, our IT team is always aiming to achieve the highest goals and produce the best experience possible for our end users.
As a People Technology Manager at Coursera, you will play a critical role as both a technical expert and a People Manager, overseeing and managing the ongoing maintenance, optimization, and strategic utilization of the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) system within our organization. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the effective utilization of Workday functionalities to support our HR and business processes, drive automation, and enhance data accuracy and reporting capabilities specifically tailored to Coursera's needs. Leveraging your expertise in Workday configuration, system administration, project management, and people management, you will contribute to the continued success and evolution of the Workday platform at Coursera.
- Evaluate People processes, collaborate with cross-functional teams such as the People, Finance and IT, and implement system enhancements, workflows, and custom reports to optimize efficiency and user experience using our people technology systems.
- Maintain data integrity and accuracy within our people technology systems, regularly reviewing and updating employee data, and developing customized reports to meet People and management reporting needs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and prioritize system enhancements and integrations aligned with Coursera's strategic goals, working closely with vendors, partners, and internal teams to ensure seamless data flow and system interoperability.
- Support the planning, execution, and delivery of people technology initiatives, adhering to timelines, budgets, and quality standards, and effectively managing project activities and stakeholders.
- Provide guidance, support, and training to end-users, addressing questions, troubleshooting issues, and promoting self-service capabilities to enhance user understanding and proficiency in utilizing people technology functionalities effectively.
- Lead a high performing team of Workday and People Technology professionals.
- BSC degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in a people management role and developing a high performing team
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience implementing, managing, and optimizing Workday systems in a live environment, including proficiency in Workday HCM, Advanced Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Time Off, Absence, Performance and Development, Learning, Integrations, Security, Advanced Reporting, Prism Analytics, and/or Expenses configurations.
- Proficiency in system administration tasks, including configuration maintenance, security roles, and business processes, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills to translate complex requirements into practical solutions, combined with experience in Agile project management, effectively managing multiple priorities, meeting tight deadlines, and fostering cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with stakeholders at all levels, promoting smooth interactions and understanding of business needs.
- Workday Pro Certifications in any of the following areas: HCM, Compensation, Performance and Development, Learning, Time Off, Absence, Benefits, Reporting, Integrations, Prism, Financials, Expenses.
- Demonstrated experience with Workday Studio.
- Over 5 years of demonstrated Workday configuration experience.
- Over 3 years of experience in a People Technology leadership role.
- Over 3 years in a Workday consultant role.
Working hours expectations:
To support our global teams effectively, this role will require you to align your working hours closely with US working hours especially during training. The working hour expectations are as follows:
- Mondays - Thursday: ~3:30pm-12:30am IST
- Fridays: more flexible working hours ~10am-7pm IST
While adherence to these hours is important for collaboration and timely support, we also recognize the need for flexibility to accommodate ad hoc changes and unforeseen circumstances. We strive to create a healthy work-life balance and will ensure that reasonable adjustments can be made when necessary.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- People, Technology, and the Future of Mobility
- Strategic Leadership: Impact, Change, and Decision Making Specialization