Elevator Pitch: The Company. Us. Runway East.
Did you want to grow up and work in a boring office? Us neither. At Runway East, we've been on a mission to destroy boring offices since 2014, in whatever size, shape and form they take. Since launching, we now have 8 buildings in London, Bristol and Brighton offering unique flexible office space for teams of 1 - 100 to work in, enjoying everything from dogs on demand to our famed Friday drinks trolley.
Our Runway East team enjoys a bunch of great benefits and unrivalled perks, from private healthcare to team trips abroad. We’ve also recently become a B Corp and think it’s important for our team to give a damn about its impact on the planet and its people.
Runway East has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product members genuinely love. Covid has presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. We’re ready to take full advantage of that.
Elevator Pitch: The Job. It’s a great job. We promise.
As a member of the People Ops team, you will assist with the co-ordination of many of our repeatable processes, from managing recruitment pipelines to helping to run our team socials. You’ll provide support to the HQ side of the business, while getting a taste of all of the different things that drive a company forward.
Whilst no two days are the same, your key responsibilities will revolve around:
- Managing repeatable tasks, including updating weekly KPIs, sending regular summaries and updates to the management team and ensuring the HQ office is always looking its best.
- Assisting with recruitment, screening CVs when they come onto our system, marking any tests that are completed and ensuring that interviewers are submitting notes in a timely manner.
- Taking on larger people ops projects, such as curating blog posts for our employer branding, setting up book clubs or helping the social committee with organisation of team events.
- Assisting the CEO, managing her diary and scheduling meetings with major internal and external stakeholders.
- Wider team assistance, picking up smaller tasks to make the lives of the sales, expansion or operations teams as easy as possible.
We’ll support you through a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship, providing mentoring and study support. You’ll have 8 hours per week dedicated to studying for your qualification, built into the working day.
Who You Are:
- Organised - you can manage a long to-do list and ensure that deadlines are met. You’ll be able to move tasks around your list as priorities change too, and keep stakeholders informed of any developments.
- Detail-oriented - you ensure that things are right the first time, and can spot issues and errors before they reach managers and stakeholders. You are meticulous and thrive on being highly organised.
- Learner - you pick up new things quickly, and are good with using online platforms as well. Once you’ve been shown how to complete a process, you can get on with doing it independently.
- Driven - you like to spot opportunities for improvement. When you don’t know something you embrace the chance to grow and get better, and you’re not afraid to ask questions.
- Resilient - you love to troubleshoot and solve problems with a positive, can-do attitude. You’re eager to take on new challenges.
- Experienced - This is an entry-level position, but any sort of administrative experience is welcome.
Note - this role is a full-time, in-office position based at our London HQ.
We see the good in everyone. We celebrate our differences.
We keep community at our core, and we know that a community can only thrive when it is diverse and inclusive. We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences, whatever your race, religion, status, sexuality, gender identity, age, appearance or disability. There is no set blueprint for a Runway East team member. What matters to us is your spirit.
What About the Money?
- Time Off 🤸 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. We also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Wellbeing 🧠 Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE outings 🎉 - we love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Vilnius to name some past trips!)
You can find out more about our values and perks here.
Fired up by what you’ve read so far? Hit apply, we want to meet you.