Job Title: Interim Finance Manager (6 month fixed term contract)
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 and benefits
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00
Location: We could support hybrid working from our office in London
Background: To help the Financial Reporting & Control team through a period of transition as well as preparation for financial year end.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level with a strong academic background
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be an independent thinker and exhibit a proactive approach to problem solving
- Have experience of working in a regulated financial services environment or experience working with financial services clients within a Big Four audit firm
- Have experience with UK and international accounting standards
- Have strong Excel skills
- Show a high attention to detail
- Help with the implementation of financial reporting framework and controls
- Review existing processes for opportunities for automation and improvement
- Contribute to considerations on technical accounting matters
- Liaise with external auditors
- Assist on adhoc analysis and deep dives as needed by the Finance Director and other team members
The role will be a key part of the Financial Reporting and Control team.
We’re Tandem. The UK’s greener alternative to digital banking providing hard-working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
We have more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham, and Manchester, all working together to create a greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land during 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Buy or sell up to 5 days a year
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Hub for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Healthcare cash back plan
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.