Work.Life is a flex workspace provider for businesses who care about people.
We believe that happy teams deliver measurable benefits for businesses. That’s why everything we do, from workspace design to delivering a best-in-class personal service, is designed to create happy working environments. We have shared workspaces across London, Reading and Manchester; 7,000+ members; and an amazing team of 60 who share our ambition to redefine the workspace experience for the better.
But the fun’s not over yet, and to keep our members’ happiness and engagement at the forefront of what we do, it’s important we find our own team’s best work-selves.
We do that by offering a supportive working environment, plenty of training and development opportunities, a competitive salary, monthly wellness package, Team Joy, quarterly socials, and more, so you can work happier.
As Area Manager you’ll lead your team to deliver exceptional performance, acting as a mentor & coach to ensure our Membership Managers are engaged to run their spaces like their own business, and that our membership teams role model the Work.life way.
You’ll actively manage your time between day to day leadership and delivery of key company rocks – scoping & owning key business projects & implementing improvements to drive & improve our business as we scale.
Your contribution will support both the delivery of our everyday mission to make people’s work lives happier, and our long-term growth ambition to scale Work.life over the next 3 years.
Your Day to Day
You’ll keep a consistent cadence of weekly, monthly & quarterly meetings across your team, to regularly review progress & performance & build a strong team dynamic.
Alongside this, you’ll collaborate with the support team to be highly visible & hands-on in your spaces to deliver across our 3 core business areas: Sales, Community & Operations.
Ultimately, your leadership in this area will ensure consistent delivery of EBITDA, to fuel the growth of the company.
· You’ll drive increased revenue & occupancy in your area through coaching & support for your managers in their delivery of their business plans.
· You’ll ensure that your space teams deliver or exceed both budgeted income & overheads targets, continuously seeking improvement across the space scorecard.
· You’ll achieve 100% building occupancies through effective tours & selling across all spaces – facilitating training to support with this.
· You’ll drive priority on renewal & retention rates through setting expectations and coaching managers to anticipate renewal opportunities.
· You’ll engage frequently with the support team, creating opportunities to collaborate and intercepting & resolving any blockers for your team.
· Your relationship with the Marketing & Central Sales team will enable targeted lead generation for your spaces and support in identifying opportunities through the broker & agent communities.
· You’ll continuously scan for growth opportunities within your area & for the business.
· You’ll oversee key contract and invoicing requirements across your area, ensuring Managers are well trained on correct processes.
· NPS for your area is the ultimate measure & you’ll drive this with passion & energy.
· Your focus on member onboarding will be second to none – ensuring that all members in your area receive a thorough induction & actively share feedback.
· You’ll coach your managers to on their community goals in each space, creating opportunities to network with engaging events & activations across your area.
· Your collaboration with our Community Lead will ensure that your teams continuously look for new ways to build connections across all spaces & the company as a whole.
· You’ll collaborate meaningfully with others across the business to uncover & develop new ideas, and to implement them efficiently & measurably.
· Your focus on NPS across your area will ensure operational feedback is actioned quickly.
· You’ll champion all existing processes to ensure your team are following them.
· You’ll be relentless in identifying operational gaps & initiating processes to resolve them.
· You’ll ensure that support teams engaging with your area prioritise member experience.
· Your relationship with the Facilities team will deliver exceptional operational & safety standards across all spaces.
· You’ll liaise with the Roaming Manager to ensure robust rota planning at all times.
We are proud of our incredible focus on Team Happiness, and your role ensures that our teams are appreciated and offered progression at Work.life.
· We only hire great people. Your leadership will ensure that all recruitment processes are followed, resulting in great hires for your team at all levels of role.
· Great onboarding is the backbone of our success: you’ll monitor & support this across all your spaces and actively follow up with new work.lifers to build relationships.
· You’ll ensure that performance review conversations are delivered with detailed thought, preparation & accountability & documented well to support clear feedback.
· You’ll regularly offer feedback and follow-up coaching to your managers to role model the importance of this for their teams.
· Development takes many forms: you’ll support & mentor your space teams to find the progression path that is right for them – whether that’s in their current role, or by growing their career.
· You’ll own & communicate pay & benefits decisions, adhering to our processes to ensure a culture of fair reward.
How you'll measure success - the role KPIs:Operational P&L vs. budget NPS vs. target Space audit vs. target Mystery Shopper Score
Role Competencies - what we're looking for:
We’re positive: You lift the mood in the room – celebrating success often & tackling problems & opportunities with positivityWe’re personal: You’re visible across the business, getting to know other teams & their challenges in order to collaborate effectively togetherWe’re inclusive: You actively seek out ideas & opinions different to your own and consider your team’s needs from a range of perspectivesWe don’t stop at good: You’re always seeking opportunities to improve and course-correct to drive excellenceWe’re team 1st: You’ll support other teams, taking an interest in their work and results & giving feedback generously day-to-day to help others improve
Ready to join the Work.Life way? We’re excited to hear from you.
At Work.Life, we’re committed to providing an inclusive environment for our team and our members, as we believe that diversity breeds a more innovative, creative, and caring culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. Everyone who applies to Work.Life will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, family or parental status, or disability status.