We’ve come a long way since 2004—and we’re just getting started.
As one of the longest-standing independent coffee roasters on UK shores, the love of coffee fuels everything we do. We work to challenge the expected, crafting tangible experiences and products that are impactful and progressive. We work hard, and with integrity, to shape and share exceptional coffee, fairly, with all. As an B Corp accredited coffee roaster, we’re not here to jump on bandwagons. No greenwashing. No jargon: an inclusive, global community, listening and speaking up for the future we believe in.
We build, nurture, and champion relationships at the source, celebrating farmers, cooperatives, and producers. We support direct trade, traceability, and quality. From crop, to cup, every step of our journey is considered; we’re proud to be held accountable, always striving for better ways to do business, placing people and planet before profit.
Dedicated, curious, driven, and open-minded, we’re not afraid to push boundaries and shape positive change. With a growing team of award-winning coffee professionals, a world-class coffee programme, six coffee shops, an ever-evolving product range, we continue to work hard to create inclusive spaces within Origin as well as everywhere we go, where conversations can grow. We move fast yet stay grounded, cutting paths through the noise, and have a lot of fun along the way. We’re here for ideas, rolling up our sleeves, and sharing new perspectives. Opportunities are on the table—yours to shape, with full support.
Join us in pursuit of coffee excellence.
The role overview:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ecommerce Coordinator to join the Origin Coffee Ecommerce & Marketing team. Reporting into the Snr. Ecommerce Manager, you’ll be responsible for supporting the team through day-to-day management of the website and mobile app, whilst becoming pivotal in executing the overall digital strategy through communications, projects, and support.
- Oversee site updates and optimisation. You’ll have accountability for creating new products, blogs and page updates whilst ensuring existing content is fully optimised for SEO and our internal systems. You will also carry out daily ‘site walks’ to monitor and ensure the site is maintained to a high standard at all times.
- Website plugins. You will ensure third-party apps that are integrated into the website are always working effectively. It will be your job to liaise with the providers, identify areas for development and to troubleshoot issues.
- Campaign execution. Working with the marketing and e-commerce team, you’ll assist in delivering the marketing calendar, including campaigns, partnership and internal projects are delivered on time and according to expectation.
- CRM. Using Klaviyo and Google Firebase, each week you’ll create, build and analyse the email and app push notification strategy, segmenting where required.
- Paid media support. Where required, you’ll assist with the Paid Marketing Manager’s media strategy across Google, Meta, Bing, Pinterest and AWIN. Ensuring the platforms are fully aligned with the website.
- Procurement assistance. Working various internal teams, you’ll assist in maintaining accurate stock levels on core categories such as coffee (+ subscriptions), equipment and training courses. You’ll also support with labelling and fulfilment issues whilst identifying areas where we can improve efficiency.
- Analyse, assess and report. Gathering, analysing, and summarising data across a variety of platforms, reporting back on a weekly and monthly basis. This will also include ad hoc reporting requested by the Head of Department or other members of the team.
- Internal assistance. Providing the Customer Service team with support on customer queries, working with the Copywriter to curate engaging web-copy, coordinating with the Brand team for photography and campaign assets.
- Customer first. Ensure that digital actions are determined from a customer-first approach, following UX best practice and adding value to our subscribers and loyalty members where possible.
- Competitor research. Regularly monitoring competitors’ activity as well as other brands we can be inspired by and learn from. Sharing findings and bringing new ideas to the table which can drive awareness and / or revenue.
Required Behaviours and Skills:
- A customer-first mindset.
- Burgeoning strategy skills - able to understand how the work you do, drives our strategic priorities.
- Great communication skills – you know who to involve and when, you set them up clearly with the information and expectations that they need to deliver.
- Great taste - you intuitively understand what is on and off brand for Origin.
- World-class people skills. You can build strong relationships with Origin teammates from across the business to support the work you do.
- An entrepreneurial spirit. You understand how your work impacts the business and you feel empowered by your successes and motivated by your mistakes.
- A strong sense of personal responsibility – you own your work and are excellent at managing up, down, and across.
- Passion, energy, and aspiration in line with Origin values, products, brand, and customers.
- Thrives on positive change and able to manage self under pressure.
- Willingness to own and drive your own personal development plan and open to asking for and accepting feedback on performance.
- World-class people skills, you love to build relationships and you recognise their value. You can build strong relationships with Origin teammates from across the business as with our agencies.
Proven experience in the following areas:
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Marketing experience within the e-commerce industry.
- Experience (or willingness to learn) key E-commerce tools and platforms including: Shopify, GA4, Klaviyo.
- A confident understanding and ability to proficiently use Excel & Google Sheets.
- A strong work ethic, taking ownership and accountability for work delivered to a high standard.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to problem-solve collaboratively with cross-functional team members.
- Extremely organised.
- Able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- A strong understanding of the Origin brand and the premium hospitality and lifestyle market.
34 days holiday including bank holidays and your birthday off.
Employer (5%) and Employee (3%) pension contribution, employees can increase their contribution
Mental Health and Physical First Aid Training
We provide our employees with a toolkit for both preventing and addressing mental health crises in
and out of work, providing genuine support, safety and happiness in the workplace
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, IVF Journey Leave and Pay
We recognise the importance of family and provide enhanced pay and to support all parents and their
journey to becoming one.
Transitioning at Work Policy
We want everyone at Origin Coffee to feel comfortable to be themselves at work. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and support our colleagues who identify as trans and provide support through any transitioning process.
Financial Wellbeing Support
We have partnered with Wagestream, a financial wellbeing provider who offers financial coaching, money management, debt advice, and individual tailored advice
Menopause and Period Policy
We recognise the impact this can have in the workplace and provide a flexible and supportive way for employees affected including making adjustments at work and working time.
Employee Assistant Programme
A comprehensive suite of support from an (EAP) including help with physical, mental, and financial wellness at work
Continued Professional Development
We invest in all our employee’s by supporting personal development, encouraging you to broaden your experience and learning potential, led by you SCA Training Everyone who works for Origin can embark on the SCA training programme. Depending on your readiness to learn you can dip your toe in or immerse yourself fully. It’s quite addictive!
An Employee Referral Scheme
Once you join Origin, you’ll want to introduce likeminded people to us. When you do, they settle in and pass their probation, you earn £200
Time off for volunteering, cycle to work scheme, free coffee at work and to take home, discounts in all our cafés and on our merchandise and partners. And of course, regular social and team events serving exceptional food, drink, and of course, amazing coffee!