South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Mid-weight Creative Designer, Communications, Engagement and Leadership is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality creative communications to both international and EU clients on sustainability and brand impact topics. You will play a leading role in the development and overall management of proposals for South Pole's creative communications, engagement and leadership hub (communications strategy, sustainability strategy, client management and creative), as well as for the implementation of projects, for which you will manage small project teams.
You will be the main point of creative contact for the client and may also act as a collaborator, providing specific inputs or serving a specific role on a mandate. In addition, you will support the development of new products for the corporate sector and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage medium-size creative projects throughout their entire cycle; brief, concept ideation and creative execution
- Participate in group brainstorms and contribute ideas to innovative campaigns and impact programs
- Provide mentorship and training to more junior members
- Under senior supervision, brief and work with external production agencies and companies
- Work collaboratively with the strategy, account and digital teams on all projects
- Plan and implement creative projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation. Designed communications across a broad range of channels, including print (e.g. reports, strategy on a page, comms packs), digital (websites, social tiles, video, eDMs), non-traditional (podcasts, PR activations) and internal comms (employee engagement programs)
- Interact and build relationships with our international and EU clients and manage the timely delivery of projects
- Develop proposals for the corporate sector in close collaboration with the Key Account Management team and senior consulting professionals to support business development activities for the company
- For small projects, occasionally provide high-level creative guidance and perform creative review of proposals and deliverables
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
- Support senior consulting and key account management teams in further developing South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Communications / Advertising / Design or a related field
- Good portfolio showcasing the ability to think conceptually with well-crafted ideas
- Relevant knowledge of communications – both from a design and implementation perspective, as well as an understanding how design and creative brings to life sustainability and impact strategy
- Relevant work experience working in-house at a brand or an agency as a Mid-weight Designer
- Good design skills, from both a technical craft and administrative standpoint, and ability to coordinate project teams to deliver beautifully crafted work across a wide range of audiences, both global and local
- Excellent design skills, with proven expertise in creating high-quality documents (proposals, presentations and deliverables)
- Good stakeholder and client management skills
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work
- Good problem solving skills: the ability to creatively solve conceptual and production problems
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, with good attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications for Mac (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD, Acrobat Pro), Figma and designing templates for Google Slides
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills within the agency and in front of clients
- Excellent working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Office
- Good video editing and motion graphics skills (Premier Pro, After Effects
- Experience and interest in future tools, new technologies and innovative digital ideas especially across growing social platforms such as TikTok
- Diligent, reliable, proactive and self-sufficient but collaborative approach to work.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Ability to work well under pressure (deadlines) and manage stakeholders
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
- An interest in social and sustainability issues with a desire to be a force of good in the world
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.