Job Title: Risk Oversight Manager
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £dependent on experience and benefits (this is not a bonused role)
Location: Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool. Occasional travel to Blackpool will be required.
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for a Risk Oversight Manager to support us on our journey.
Our Mortgage Division provides first and second charge mortgages to both the Specialist and High Net Worth markets through an approved panel of third-party mortgage introducers. The First Line risk team oversees all aspects of the origination process from product design through to completion.
What you will be working on:
- Undertake a programme of regular reviews of the Lending Operations Department.
- Provide feedback on any risks identified and any resolution actions required from findings.
- Identify and complete thematic reviews on recurring risk findings.
- Oversight of Third Party Mortgage Introducers (Brokers) including due diligence and registration processes.
- Oversight of third party service providers such as Conveyancing and Valuation Panel Managers.
- Annual review of lending policies and regulatory mapping of controls.
What we're looking for:
- You will be a subject matter expert on secured lending (mortgages)
- Good awareness and understanding of the relevant UK regulatory environment.
- Experienced UK residential mortgage underwriter
- Experienced in Financial Crime in the UK mortgage sector.
- Track record of building relationships with senior management, and able to demonstrate a capability to provide support and challenge to senior individuals.
- IT literate, including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of CIFAS, SIRA, PEPs and Sanctions
- Understanding of Third-Party Mortgage Introducers
- Experience of specialist lending sector
- CeMap qualified
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land throughout 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.