Oliva is proper mental healthcare for employers who want to make a real impact on both their teammates’ lives and their organisation’s performance.
Combining a curated team of highly-qualified mental health professionals, personalised therapist matching by real humans, dedicated training & support for managers, and a hassle-free digital experience, we're the UK & Europe’s first mental healthcare solution that can truly support employees with a broad spectrum of mental health needs.
We've raised funding from two of Europe's best venture capital firms and various top-notch angels. And now, we're looking for a top notch Senior Product Designer to embark on this journey with us.
This isn't just any job. We want to make a meaningful impact on an industry that changes people’s lives. The ideal candidate is not only an experienced Senior Product Designer, but also someone who’s passionate about joining a movement to reimagine modern mental healthcare.
We are looking for our second Senior Product Designer! You’ll work closely with Ben (Head of Product, Jen (Senior Product Designer), and our tech team to build our product so it goes on to impact millions of peoples mental health journeys.
In the role you will be the designer for multiple end-to-end projects in a cross collaborative team setup. You will take full ownership of the experience, interaction, and visuals of the product features you work on while collaborating with your Product Manager and engineering team on product discovery, problem definition, and solution spaces. The features and products you work on will enhance the experience of our users and positively impact their mental health wellbeing.
The right candidate for this role will have a passion for and excellence in the User Interface side of the process down to the smallest of details. We are looking for someone who can lead the way to an even more beautiful and crafted experience for the product.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Your UI expertise will lead the way to a beautiful and crafted experience
- Continue to elevate and improve our visual identity
- Be an advocate for accessibility and responsiveness in our design solutions and execution
- Collaborating with other designers on sharing your UI expertise, global execution, best practices, guidelines, and design system
- Simultaneously working on multiple product iterations and features end-to-end in cross collaborative teams
- Communicating with the engineering team to ensure fluid delivery from early ideation til final quality assurance post build
- Collaborating closely with different teams and stakeholders to get feedback and align on your design concepts
- Helping, when needed, with conducting user research, interpreting data, and allowing this information to inform design decisions
- Being humble and remembering that we building products for real people. Listen to users and allow feedback based on research to inform us of where we are now and where we are going
- Being 100% Autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of the projects, and be responsible for getting things done on time
- Bringing something more than just the execution—we expect from you a creative and proactive mind able to surprise us
You are a Senior Product Designer passionate about mental health. Having worked in early stage startups before, you will enjoy building from scratch and will not be afraid to wear many hats. Ownership and collaboration are among your strengths with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical peers. As a Product Designer, your peers know you for your world-class UI skills and you can mentor others with this expertise. You are seeking an opportunity to make a real impact. The impact you can have on our product is limitless and you’ll thrive.
You’ll be successful if you:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience designing world class digital products
- A graphic design background or ability to demonstrate strong UI skills
- You have worked in a startup for at least 1+ year, ideally pre-series D
- Experience in fast-paced environment working with agile/lean methodologies and design thinking
- You have an up-to-date portfolio, or examples of your work, that showcases your UI skills
- Your UI skills include, but are not limited to:
- Colour, Typography, Iconography, Guidelines and Patterns
- Experience in both mobile and web products
- You have worked with a design system and are comfortable contributing to and expanding on it
- Expert level of the tools of your craft for design as well as prototyping, creating animations, and documenting
- You have “user-centric / people-focused” mindset
- You are an excellent team player and a great communicator
- You are self driven, excel in environments with minimal direction, and enjoy being surrounded by highly engaged individuals
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Not essential but bonus points for:
- Animation experience
- User research
- Setting up a design system
We come to work each day knowing that we're contributing to a truly meaningful mission: to improve the mental health of millions of people worldwide.
On top of this, you get:
- A healthy salary and early-employee stock options in a rapidly growing startup
- Plenty of paid time off to relax and recharge your batteries
- Private medical insurance
- Free therapy—and encouragement to take advantage of it
- Professional learning & development opportunities to help you grow
- An autonomous, vibrant, and flexible work environment
- Travel once per quarter to a team event
Diversity & inclusion
We know the tech industry has a diversity problem. Without proactively addressing this, we could easily end up hiring a lot of very similar people. So we’re enthusiastically encouraging applications from underrepresented groups in our industry. We hire with fairness and awareness—and we mean it.
Whoever you may be: regardless of age, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, background, or identity, we’d love to hear from you. If you need any adjustments during the interview process, let us know and we’ll accommodate.
Oliva is a tight-knit, experienced, and passionate team of engineers, designers, marketers, and psychologists. We’ve all been through our own battles with burnout, anxiety, low self-esteem, and depression. And while we’ve all had both positive and less positive experiences with mental healthcare, we know first-hand that talking through your problems makes a massive difference once you find the right person.
Who we are
Our co-founders, Javier Suarez and Sançar Sahin, have both experienced the emotional highs and lows of scaling successful tech startups and lived to tell the tale. Javier co-founded the business travel startup TravelPerk—which went on to serve thousands of businesses and employ hundreds of people—and previously led innovation at Booking.com. Sançar has led marketing teams at Typeform, Hotjar, and GetApp.
If you’ve ever felt like you needed mental health support but had no idea where to start, you’re in good company. Our goal is to stop people feeling like that.
You will need to be based in EU or UK for the role but you can be based from home.