South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Development team is at the forefront of developing and managing climate mitigation activities. By working closely with project owners and developers as well as their local communities, we manage the complete registration, verification and evaluation of carbon projects to enable the issuance of emission-reduction certificates, in line with official carbon standards. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a part of the SEA regional climate project development Team, you will be accountable for the delivery
of all milestones proposed for the climate projects under the applicable carbon standards and
collaborate with other members of the regional climate project team and any related sourcing &
commercial activities in the Southeast Asia region. This may include the coordination with the assigned
teams within the organization. You will be responsible for the design and development of carbon
projects in the nature-based solution sector. In addition, you will be responsible for developing carbon
estimations and delivering high quality products (project documents, monitoring reports and others) in
English and local languages (if applicable) and will assist in the audit process for the validation and
verification of GHG reduction certification. You will participate in business rounds, technical sessions,
site visits, and other relevant events.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the emission reduction projects which includes leading/drafting feasibility studies and project design documents, validation, monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) support under different standards (VERRA, Gold Standard, Social Carbon, Platvivo, etc) among other local and international carbon schemes
- Conduct site visits and travel to project locations whenever needed
- Be a key point of contact and maintain a good relationship with the team members inside the company, project owners, clients, validation and verification bodies, and other counterparts
- Provide technical and business development support with project sourcing
- Be aware of the ERPA signing process with the project partners and all the internal procedures in the regional climate projects team
- Prepare proposal and deliverables and finalise them to the quality required by South Pole and the clients
- Define and plan content and structure to support the certification of the NbS climate projects, work plans, work schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Keep the team members (collaborators) informed of their progress in the project and remind them to stay within the time and budget agreed. Schedule Technical Reviews and Quality Checks
- Draft invoices to be approved by the supervisor and sent to accounting for submission to clients
- Update proposal/project information in project management tool and ensure all relevant documents are accessible on the drive at any time
- Keep general information, milestones and cash flow in the project management software up to date
- Planning and development of site visits and other types of business trips/training. Undertake research into possible partners and collaborators for upcoming opportunities
- Participate in formal and informal networking opportunities as required. This includes sharing relevant contacts and information on the possible opportunities with the commercial climate project team
- University Degree in forestry, agriculture, natural resource management, sustainability or climate change and carbon mitigation related fields
- Relevant experience in Forestry, Agriculture, Sustainability, Climate Change
Mitigation/Adaptation or related fields
- Familiarity with carbon standards like T-VER, VERRA GS4GG, Plant Vivo, Social Carbon, etc
- Ability to work on assignments that are diverse in nature, applying company policies, processes and procedures to resolve a variety of issues/problems
- The capacity to solve relatively complex project-related problems independently, and receive general direction on new assignments or projects
- Ability to create high quality written documents (proposals and deliverables) in English and Thai
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially verbal and written skills in English and Thai
- Thai National or Passport Holder.
- Hands on experience on carbon project development from initial project assessment to issuance of credits
- Working experience on project development in the area of forestry, agriculture as well as NbS sector
- Knowledge of additional languages in Asia is considered a plus
- A keen attention to details, flexible and efficient
- Open mind and embrace all challenges.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.