South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Development team is at the forefront of developing and managing climate mitigation activities. By working closely with project owners and developers as well as their local communities, we manage the complete registration, verification and evaluation of carbon projects to enable the issuance of emission-reduction certificates, in line with official carbon standards. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a part of the SEA regional climate project development Team, you will primarily assist the Regional Manager and NbS technical team in developing and delivering GHG emission reduction products (project documents, monitoring reports and others) under various carbon standards. This role will focus on the technical scope of Nature-based Solution (NbS) projects.
You will support the coordination and work collaboratively with internal teams and external stakeholders such as project participants, external auditor, government agencies as well as NGO to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of carbon emission reductions and renewable energy certificates. In addition, you will assist in the auditing process for the validation and verification of the climate projects and participate in business rounds, technical sessions, site visits, and other relevant events.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Assist the management of the emission reduction projects, which includes drafting feasibility studies and project design documents, validation, monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) support under different carbon standards, among other local and international carbon schemes
- Participate in the validation and verification processes
- Assist the team member during the site visits and travel to project locations when necessary
- Provide assistance on technical support for project sourcing activities
- Follow the internal procedures on all signed ERPAs according to our internal project management tool
- Support preparation of proposals and deliverables, and finalise them to the South Pole’s quality standard and the client’s requirements
- Maintain the general project information, milestones, and cash flow in the project management software up to date
- Support in planning and development of site visits and other types of business trips/training as necessary
- Assist in other tasks as per assigned by the regional manager
- Participate in networking opportunities as required
- University Degree in environmental engineer or science, agriculture, natural resource management, sustainability or climate change and carbon mitigation or other related fields
- Relevant work or internship experience in the field of climate change or project management
- Ability to work on assignments that are diverse in nature, applying company policies, processes, and procedures to resolve a variety of issues/problems
- Good communication skills, especially verbal and written skills in English
- Ability to manage targets and priorities and develop own goals
- Thai National or Passport Holder
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.