Job Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Direct Reports: None
Salary: £55-£60k based on 40 hours per week
Location: UK Remote (must based within the UK)
Creating an environment where success is inevitable. Ensuring that the finance functions of Climate Bonds Initiative run as efficiently and effectively as possible and providing timely reporting and financial information to support Climate Bonds Initiative’s mission.
The FP&A Manager will have responsibility for the organisation annual budget and for creating and maintaining financial models which support the leadership team in in-depth forward planning and strategic decision-making.
The role is an outward facing business partner, providing critical financial information and insight to the Senior Leadership Team, Heads of Team and CBI’s Board. The post holder will need substantial experience and credibility in financial planning and modelling, as well as strong understanding of financial planning in the not-for-profit and commercial sectors. The individual will have exceptionally strong presentation skills and an outward-facing mind set, be comfortable communicating complex financial messages to, and in building relationships with, the Heads of Teams, Leadership Team and CBI’s board. The role requires someone who is looking to excel in an inspiring and changing environment, with a natural interest in the environment and climate change sector.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Rolling 3-year financial forecast modelling the impact of strategic choices for use by senior leadership.
- Introducing dynamic financial information-sharing with SLT
- Future-proofing financial data to ensure we have the granularity to support analyses we may need in future
- Implementation of processes to monitor non-Financial KPIs across the organisation
- Drive and deliver the annual business plan cycle from inception, SLT revisions and Board approval to roll-out to budget holders.
- Shaping of and continuous improvement to budget management processes
- Periodic reforecasting of the group Income and Expenditure, and other information as appropriate, to support the Leadership Team and Board with future forecasting and decision making.
- Financial Business Partner to the commercial activity of Climate Bonds Initiative, building relationships and supporting business decisions with advice and financial modelling
- Health and safety
- Take care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by your work
- Co-operate fully with Climate Bonds Initiative’s management with regard to the requirements of Health and Safety legislation to allow the duties and requirements to be carried out or complied with
Measures of Success
- Annual business plan delivered on time, accepted by Board and implemented before the start of the financial year.
- Financial aspects of strategic forward planning are available live or at short notice, based on maintenance of up to date rolling forecasts and knowledge of business activity
- Seen by Senior Leaders and Team Heads as someone who empowers strong business performance.
We wouldn't want to lose our perfect candidate over a simple thing such as working hours. Whilst we are ideally looking for someone on a full time basis we are open to considering part-time, we can't promise to give you exactly what you need but we are always happy to consider what is possible for the role. Please talk to us about any flexibility you might need.
As an organisation we operate at a global level in many ways, as such we take a holistic view of diversity that recognises the different perspectives of people that work or partner with us. We are looking for the very best talent to deliver on our mission to mobilise global capital for climate action, our goal is that we build an inclusive and innovative culture that recognises the uniqueness of our team members and allows them to feel valued and inspired to do their best work.
- Qualified chartered accountant with relevant practical experience
- Significant experience of delivering financial planning and analysis, preferably in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including modelling, extensive use of more advanced formulae and working with complex interconnected spreadsheets.
- An adept and inspiring communicator at all levels
- A keen eye for detail while at the same time being able to spot the big picture of the organisation’s trajectory, spotting financial opportunities and risks.
- A passion for developing optimal and innovative solutions through caring collaboration and engagement with colleagues and stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience in environmental issues, climate change, climate finance and sustainability
- Experience of working with grant funding bodies
- Thorough understanding of financial practices and policies including SORP
- Experience of using Xledger accounting systems (or other systems with quick ability to learn new systems).
- Specialist budget software knowledge, to give the charity an option away from the current Xledger/Excel based approach, should it desire to move.
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.