Founders Forum HQ is home to our extremely ambitious and high performing team. The environment that we work in plays a crucial part in facilitating all that we achieve. As the Facilities Coordinator, you will be responsible for maintaining a tidy, safe and smooth office experience.
We are looking for someone who is professional, hard working, and not afraid of mucking in. This job would suit someone who enjoys working with people and takes pride in creating a great work environment for their peers. Being flexible in their approach towards the needs of the office environment is also key.
Reporting directly to our Office Manager, you will work across 2 office floors of around 100 people.
This is a part-time role Monday - Thursday
20 hours per week
Core Hours: 10:00 - 15:00
The candidate may be expected to change shift patterns to support with early morning or late evening events as required. This will always be discussed in advance.
This is an ideal opportunity for an independent worker who would like to positively and proactively support the efficient running of the office.
About Founders Forum Group
Founders Forum Group is an event-powered community and family of businesses supporting innovative entrepreneurs at every stage of their journeys. Founded in 2005, our invite-only forums unite founders, investors, corporate and government leaders to tackle era-defining questions in iconic locations across the globe.
Since 2019, Founders Forum has partnered with Informa Tech to celebrate the strength and diversity of UK tech through London Tech Week.
In 2023, Founders Forum acquired Tech Nation. The transfer will see FF Group continue to execute against Tech Nation’s mission to empower tech entrepreneurs, scale innovative startups, and provide a united platform for UK tech founders.
- Ensure the office is maintained in a neat and tidy condition at all times to optimise the working environment and guest experience.
- Manage the daytime cleanliness of the kitchen, meeting rooms and wider office to a reasonable standard. For example this will involve, tidying office clutter, keeping cupboards tidy, emptying and restocking the dishwasher, collecting mugs from around the office, keeping the sink clean and tidy, restocking toilet roll and soap during the day, taking out overflowing bins, restocking the coffee and snack supplies, wiping down the kitchen island.
- To identify and flag further cleaning issues to the evening cleaning team
- Organise, order and collect the office Thursday lunches and any additional lunches for the core Founders Forum team.
- Manage stock ordering and deliveries for the office. This includes conducting an inventory checklist of the weekly food shop and stationary inventory for the office.
- To porter, set up meeting rooms and refreshments/catering as required for meetings and events.
- Conduct regular health and safety checks of fire exits, cables, flooring, lights etc.
- Manage maintenance of the office e.g. changing light bulbs, batteries, liaising with maintenance contractors with the support of the office manager
- Assist in office set up reshuffling which may include lifting and moving of heavy equipment/furniture/files/paper etc on rare occasions.
- Collect post runs for all incoming/internal/outgoing post.
- Provide a polite and courteous customer service to all staff and clients, helping guests when they arrive at the office to find meeting rooms, or supporting staff with office needs.
- Replacing toners and cartridges for printers and photocopiers around the office and ensuring sufficient stock levels for replacements are maintained.
This is a role for you if…
- You have some experience in facilities management, cleaning, receptionist or office support roles
- You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to manage high level internal and external stakeholders
- You’re personable and quick to build strong and positive relationships with various stakeholders
- You’re a problem solver with a proactive attitude
- You pride yourself on keeping environments organised and safe and get a buzz in making a workplace environment run smoothly
- You are happy to work independently
- 1+ years proven experience in facilities management, cleaning, receptionist or office support roles
- Good level of English language and grammar skills
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to initiate tasks where appropriate
- IT literate on Word, Excel and Gmail
- Proactive self starter
- Able to work efficiently and autonomously
- Excellent communication/customer service skills
- High levels of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy and accuracy
- A flexible, positive approach to work
- Professional, helpful and courteous at all times
- The right to work in the UK
We offer a range of flexible, discretionary benefits to our team. These currently include:
- 25 days contractual annual leave
- Enhanced discretionary leave provision, including an additional day off for your birthday and leave between Christmas and New Years Day
- The option to work remotely anywhere in the world for 3 weeks/year (1 week at Easter and 2 weeks during July and August)
- Private healthcare package
- Mental health, wellbeing, and learning and development stipends
- Lunch 1x/week, office snacks, and regular team drinks
- Quarterly team activities and annual team trip/day out
- Access to the Founders Forum Group network of businesses and wider tech ecosystem
We currently have a hybrid working model with 4 days spent in the office and 1 day with the option to work remotely/from home.
Founders Forum Group’s Values
More than just fellow founders. Everything we offer is centred around the founders we work alongside. A goldmine of information, support and opportunity for our community. Our experience and connections allow us to offer unparalleled guidance, advice and events. We are committed to being there for the highs, the lows and everything in between. A trusted ally, driving positive action by championing the people behind great ideas and building real relationships.
Entrepreneurial to our core
Preserving our startup mentality is the key to being able to empathise with and fully support our growing community. Just like the founders we work with, entrepreneurship runs through our veins. We drive change and unearth new ways of thinking by reframing the way we approach an idea. We look at the possibilities of business through a new lens. Seeking out potential in every aspect of life, passionately pursuing new ideas.
Founding the future
We are forward thinkers. Always at the forefront of innovation. Our foot is firmly planted on the accelerator as we gain understanding of what tech is coming and new trends that will shape our lives. We have a hunger for knowledge and find joy in discovery, paving the way for a new way of thinking. This is the room of people you want and need to be in, to drive yourself and your business forward.
Excellence without ego
We don't take ourselves too seriously, but are proud of what we do. We work together, recognising the expertise of those around us, and understand the value in differing points of view. We are committed to excellence and always hold ourselves to the highest standard.