Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $160M in venture capital and we have grown tremendously each year since launch. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
Our Technical Content Manager position is a key role within the Customer Care team reporting to the Director of Customer Care. The primary focus of the role is to run a process that enables the intake of new and updated documentation requests from the business stakeholders and prioritize development and delivery. As a Technical Writer/Content Manager you will research, write, and prepare a variety of technical user documentation, collaborate with subject matter experts (Customer Care, Engineering, Product Management) during the design phase to gain an understanding of the content and/or process in the documentation. You will analyze requirements to determine types of publications needed, ensuring accuracy and completeness of technical customer facing documentation. You will also review and edit material for proper use of terminology, style, direction, content, grammar, punctuation, and clarity. Along with the documentation you may develop companion content that can be leveraged for training courses to meet the customer needs.
This role is based out of our Charlestown office, at least 2 days per week in person (more if desired!).
- Ownership of the Bevi documentation intake process and ensuring regular delivery of new and updated documentation.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Revamp/Reorganization of the Bevi internal and externally facing Knowledge Base including taxonomy, search optimization, and effective layout.
- Organize material and create new documentation according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Project manage larger initiatives that include consolidation, archiving of duplicative information, and identification of contradictory materials.
- Effectively utilize a variety of technology/methods to develop, track, edit, and publish documentation.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Analyze and determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
- Build and maintain strong partnership with identified stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement for Bevi documentation and processes outlined.
- Ensure the projects assigned are completed on time and with high quality.
- Establish a process to rate documentation and understand gaps/needs.
- Align documentation with top issues to drive down incoming support.
- Align documentation with current training for Partners to ensure cohesive messaging.
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 of related work experience, preferably in technical project or content management.
- Three or more years of writing experience, preferably in a technical field with an emphasis on technical documentation.
- Experience managing a Knowledge Base and handling large-scale Knowledge projects including organization and delivery.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence strongly preferred.
- Ability to work within teams to complete projects assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and principles.
- Flexibility; able to adapt to changing business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work on cross functional teams.
- Ability to learn strategic business goals and KPIs for the channels supported.
- Ability to interface and interact effectively with all levels of Stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize to achieve milestones and deadlines.
- Ability to think innovatively combined with a desire to try new approaches.
- Basic project management skills.
- Ability to grasp complex machines and systems quickly.
- Experience in a technical/diagnostic Customer Care field preferred.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, 95% paid by employer
- 401(k) with company match, and environmentally responsible investment options
- Flexible PTO plus 9 company holidays, and additional paid days for sick leave, etc (including sustainability or social justice volunteer events)
- Generous fully paid parental leave for both birth parents and non-birth parents
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Onsite snacks and (of course) unlimited Bevi ... plus composting and terracycling, too
- Happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards - and more!
- Join a team that shares our Bevi Core Values:
- Put Customers First
- Be Great to Work with
- Raise the Bar Together
- Act Like You Own the Business
- Be Curious and Ask Why
- Champion Sustainability