Mahalo is a small London based distributor that sources the most exciting small batch food and drink products for the indie retail sector.
This is a rare opportunity to assist with sourcing outstanding products from emerging food and drink brands.
If you're super friendly, energetic and passionate about helping independent shops find the best products, we'd love to talk to you about joining our team. Our offices are in Liverpool Street and we’re a hybrid team working from home for three days a week and going into the office twice a week.
Our website is www.mahalosupplies.com- we'd really recommend checking it out so you know what we're all about!
What will you be doing in this role?
- Supporting our founder with sourcing interesting new products from small batch producers
- Organising the launch of new brands and liaising with the sales team about launch campaigns
- Supporting our operations team with ordering, sample management and responding to supplier enquiries
- Liaising with our suppliers via phone and email and on site visits
- Managing our CRM system and keeping supplier information up to date (full training provided)
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone passionate about people, food and supporting independent businesses. If you’ve got a great entrepreneurial spirit and love the idea of building relationships with the loveliest small batch producers, we’d love to hear from you.
In particular, we’re looking for someone who is:
- A proactive self starter who loves being busy and thinking on your feet
- A fast problem solver who thrives on getting things done
- A team player who loves being part of a small team and playing an integral role within it
- Tech savvy - comfortable using web apps, email and social media
Ideal but not essential:
- Experience in working in the food & drink industry - maybe you’re a cafe, pub or deli manager looking for your next opportunity or you’ve worked for a food and drink brand in a sales capacity before
- Experience working in fast paced customer-facing roles
What we’re offering
- A competitive starting salary & opportunities to progress
- Full training in our systems and our unique sales process, so you know exactly how to delight our customers
- Responsibility from day one to make your mark as part of a rapidly growing startup
- Access to all Bread & Jam festivals, summits and socials - the largest community of food & drink producers in the UK
- Tasting products from new and emerging food & drink brands
- Team lunches and Meet The Supplier events
How to make your application stand out
Please send us your CV and short cover letter, outlining why you'd be a great fit for the role. We're friendly and we're real and we're most interested in people who are being themselves. In particular, we love receiving applications from people who are genuinely interested in the company and what it does.