Lyst is a global Fashion Tech company and premium shopping app, founded in London in 2010 and catering to over 200M shoppers per year. We offer our customers the largest assortment of premium & luxury fashion items & products in one place, via an assortment of 8.5M+ items from over 17,000 of the world’s leading brands. We are a scale-up business with a current team size of c. 160 people in London, combining an agile mentality with a proven business model and over a decade of experience. This provides a balance between foundations and structure, and autonomy and pace.
At Lyst we obsess over the customer, providing a search & discovery experience which offers inspiration, fulfilment, and personalisation. We believe that fashion is amazing but shopping for fashion often isn’t, and use our technology, data and creativity to bring more joy, greater choice and fewer fails. Our mission is to help fashion shoppers make better decisions and help fashion partners find better audiences as the category-leading destination for every fashion shopper. Lyst has raised over $160m from leading investors including Accel, Balderton, Molten Ventures, Fidelity International, and LVMH.
We are looking to hire a Senior Accountant to join our core finance team. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to make a mark in a small but high performing team in a fast paced environment. As a team, we focus on ensuring our reporting is robust, whilst constantly looking to iterate and improve our processes, to maintain our position as an industry leading department. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring we can deliver against this mission whilst maintaining a service of uninterrupted BAU.
This role will suit someone who is seeking to continue and finish their finance qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) but looking for that next step into a high growth environment where your ability to identify and drive change will be key. The role requires high attention to detail as well as a base level technical accounting ability. With a number of stakeholders and competing priorities, it will be necessary to prioritise effectively and communicate clearly.
- Performing the month end close in an accurate and timely manner;
- Approving supplier payments and monitoring cash balances through weekly controls;
- Assisting on the external statutory audit, liaising with the auditors and collating data requests;
- Assisting on the half year internal audit process, performing controls and accounting procedures;
- Reactive business partnering with stakeholders throughout the business, including internal and external stakeholder management and communication; and
- Working on ad-hoc projects within the core finance team, including:
- Resolving issues;
- Building new processes for new operational needs;
- Identifying process efficiencies and implementing improvements to enable these; and
- Fixing and rebuilding controls and reports.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a rounded skill set as well as a fantastic work ethic. We're a high-performance, open and honest team, always pushing to learn and develop. We believe the right person for this role will:
- Enjoy independent working;
- Demonstrate good organisational skills and a solid attention to detail;
- Be able to adapt to switching priorities and tasks, reacting to business needs as these change;
- Demonstrate good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Have a desire to challenge existing thinking around how we perform our work; and
- Have a strong sense of professional judgement for resolving issues autonomously.
- Flexible Working: Our flexible working approach offers a high degree of freedom and autonomy. Individuals are provided with the discretion to work remotely on a regular basis, with an expectation that a reasonable proportion of time is spent in the office to enhance in-person collaboration. If due to unique circumstances this doesn’t quite work, we are open to listening to what will.
- Time Off: In addition to the 8 statutory bank holidays, you will receive 29 holidays per year. Lyst’s holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- Competitive Family Leave Package: This includes Enhanced Family Leave for those eligible, paid Time off for Dependents and Support for Fertility Treatment & Loss.
- Clothing Benefit: We want you to enjoy using the Lyst app and site as much as our customers, so we provide you with a clothing allowance to use on Lyst every year. This starts at £250 when you join and increases up to £1,000 with your length of service.
- Private Healthcare: Our healthcare provider is Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day you start.
- Training Allowance: We’re big on continuous learning and growth, so all employees are currently entitled to an annual training allowance of £1,000. This can be used to attend conferences, industry events, training courses and to purchase resources.
- Pension Scheme: Our pension provider is The People’s Pension. We offer a minimum employee contribution of 5% and 3% employer contribution.
- Eye Tests and Vouchers: Employees can make a saving on their eye test and glasses through our chosen provider. You’ll receive a free eye test every year and a discount towards glasses.
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme: Lyst will purchase a bicycle from your chosen retailer, you will then receive a voucher to pick up your bicycle from them.
- Transport Season Ticket Loan: Employees can apply for an interest free season ticket loan to support your travel to work.
- Social Events: Frequent company wide social events including Christmas & summer parties, sports days, themed drinks, quizzes, cook alongs, as well as smaller team socials. We also have plenty of interest based groups such as football, running club, book club, culinary and more.
We want to build a world where fashion works for everyone, and we want teams that are just as inclusive. Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture at Lyst. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role. We are happy to talk about flexible working arrangements.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Lyst we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.