Legatics is one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups. Our legal transaction management platform enables law firms and their clients to collaborate on and close deals in an interactive online environment, providing clarity, reducing risk and saving time.
We are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide and to work with our customers to bring the way they manage deals into the 21st century. Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, Shearman & Sterling and King & Wood Mallesons. Legatics has been used globally on live transactions originating in more than 40 countries.
Building intuitive and accessible software for legal professionals doing this type of work is not easy - nor is transforming their working methods! We care deeply about agile development, UX design and really being in touch with the needs and constraints of our users. Information security is obviously critical, and we have increasing amounts of structured and unstructured data to process, store and present. We're carefully adding AI-based services to further optimise our users' work and we're succeeding - we're signing up more firms every week.
This is a great time to join us!
We are looking to hire a Senior specialist DevOps Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for someone comfortable working with a good degree of autonomy, able to work with others to formulate a plan and then deliver against it.
We see DevOps as a team-wide ethos and approach and something that involves all of our engineers - we aren’t aiming to build a classical infrastructure operations team with a different name. Our goal is to have a group of experts who are responsible for infrastructure setup and configuration, monitoring and visibility but who also develop and deploy tools, reusable frameworks and components for use in product development and to help us optimise our infrastructure and working practices.
We are working towards full Continuous Delivery, using feature flags and canary or blue/green deployments to allow frequent, small releases to our production environments. We need to further develop our logging and monitoring solution, including adding advanced features around security and distributed anomaly detection.
We build web-facing applications, running on Linux and deployed in the AWS and working in Agile teams. We’re organised into feature teams, focussed on particular product and system areas. We use GitLab for source control and CI/CD tooling and use Kubernetes, Kustomize, EKS, Terraform/Terragrunt and shell scripting to define and configure our environments. We use React, node.js and Python, with GraphQL between front- and backend.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with our development teams to design and implement infrastructure, deployment processes and tools for new and existing products
- Work with our Cyber & Information Security team to further develop our security and monitoring capabilities
- Automate and streamline deployment, testing, and release processes using appropriate tools, building on what we already have and extending with new capabilities where helpful
- Monitor and optimise system performance and availability, helping engineering teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Develop and maintain documentation for infrastructure, deployment, and release processes
Who would you be working with?
Steve Wheeler, CTO - who you will be reporting into, alongside a welcoming, inclusive and committed team.
Team culture is really important to us. We are looking for someone who is excited to join us at this important stage in our growth and who will bring new and exciting perspectives to Legatics. We are a friendly and passionate bunch with a wide range of interests. We love to socialise together too, holding regular team events.
What we need from you:
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role, working with AWS
- Experienced Linux user - preferably Debian-based distros
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Terragrunt, Kustomize
- Experience with containerization and serverless tech (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda)
- Strong knowledge of high-availability and fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Familiarity with source control and continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, in English
- Experience building and maintaining software and tools for use as-a-service by software development teams
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g. Datadog, Splunk)
- Experience implementing high availability database services
- Experience with agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience monitoring and debugging distributed applications
What we offer you:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays);
- Early Finish Fridays - on the last Friday of every month, we finish early!
- Pension with NEST;
- Personal Learning & Development budget;
- Lots of opportunities for accelerated professional development and career progression;
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to grow one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups;
- A warm, genuinely collaborative culture and an awesome team; and
- Regular socials.
Power in diversity
We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everyone loves. In order to make that a reality, we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that can empower our people to be creative, effective and innovative, to build a brand we are proud of.