Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 124 million registered learners. Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business.
Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021. As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The Collections Analyst will be reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager and will primarily focus on efficiently collecting past-due invoices. This role involves handling day-to-day collections activities and ensuring the timely resolution of outstanding accounts. The Collections Analyst will be responsible for contacting customers to secure payments and meet company targets on a monthly basis.
Additionally, this role may involve aspects of monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting close processes within the Accounting Department. Great interpersonal skills, excellent English verbal and written communication skills, self-motivation, adherence to deadlines, accurate procedural execution, keen attention to detail, and organizational abilities are crucial attributes for this position.
- Manage Collections: Efficiently and respectfully collect past due invoices from customers, aiming to reduce outstanding balances and improve overall cash flow.
- Customer Communication: Communicate with customers via phone, email, or other channels to resolve payment issues, address inquiries, and negotiate payment plans when necessary.
- Reporting and Documentation: Maintain accurate records of collections activities, update customer information, and produce regular reports on collection progress and status of delinquent accounts.
- Collaborate with AR Team: Work closely with the Accounts Receivable team to ensure seamless handover of accounts, share relevant information, and coordinate efforts to achieve company collection goals.
- Monitor AR inbox and respond to resolve inquiries or issues with customers, and our global sales team.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to enhance the collections process, suggest improvements, and actively participate in the implementation of new strategies or tools to streamline collections efforts.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in collections, accounts receivable, or a similar financial role
- 1+ years in SaaS or software industry experience
- BA degree in Accounting or other Finance related fields
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple collections activities.
- Experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment from high-growth SaaS companies preferred
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Advanced Excel Skills. ERP system experience (preferably NetSuite, and Salesforce)
- A self-starter works well as a team player but works independently when appropriate
- Strong data analysis capabilities to identify patterns, trends, and potential risks in customer payment behaviors, leading to proactive measures for preventing future delinquencies.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- "The Art of Negotiation" by the University of California, Irvine
- "Financial Accounting Fundamentals" by the University of Virginia