⭐Who we are:
Looking for a job where you can be part of a team that is revolutionising the short-term accommodation industry? Look no further! We are a professional management service that helps homeowners and landlords enjoy more freedom by taking care of the hassle of hosting their properties. Our mission is to leverage the latest technology to make hosting a property as effortless as possible and increase revenue for our hosts. Join us in our quest to disrupt the industry and make hosting a breeze!
Since our launch in 2015, we have experienced tremendous growth, even in the face of a pandemic and acquiring one of our largest competitors along the way. Our team has partnered with thousands of satisfied hosts, helping them earn income from their homes while pursuing their passions. With operations in over 20 cities worldwide, from Auckland to Lisbon, there's no shortage of opportunities to make an impact with us. We are currently in our 2nd phase of Growth and in one of the most exciting stages in our journey to date. Come join us in our mission to revolutionise the short-term accommodation industry and help hosts worldwide achieve their goals!
⭐About the role:
We’re building Houst using Rails, Python, Flask, PostgreSQL and Redis with React and React Native on front. We care about agile principles and use good practices from Scrum and Kanban, but are not married to any single methodology. We pride ourselves in quality and collaboration. Every change we want to make to production code has to pass Continuous Integration and Peer Code Reviews before it can be merged in. This ensures that - for the majority of the time - we can run Continuous Deployment smoothly. It also allows us to deploy features and progress quickly, as well as identify potential bugs before they are deployed.
- Mid to senior experience with Ruby on Rails
- 3 or more years of experience
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good communication skills
- Happy to be a part of a team and willing to discuss/review your work
- Familiar with CI/CD
- A desire for self-development
- Experience with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- You have experience and/or interest in developing Restful APIs consumed by front-end and mobile clients.
Enviable company culture – we’ve put time into getting our work culture just right.
- Regular team social events
- Company-wide recognition of outstanding work
- Opportunities to innovate
Dedicated to employee wellbeing
- Wellbeing hub with virtual fitness, nutrition, yoga, meditation and talking therapy classes
- Betterhelp coverage for mental health support
- Dedicated employee wellbeing meetings
- 21 days paid holiday (26 in case of full time work)
- Bi weekly meetings with team in Krakow
- An extra day off for your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday?
- Employee discounts – at heaps of restaurants, shops, gym memberships, cinema tickets and more
- Pawternity - We encourage proud parents of new pets to work from home to help their new member settle in
- MacBook - for business use
Compensation: £3,000- £4,400