Between Green Element Limited and Compare Your FootprintTM, our work takes us into the heart of companies across the world where we help them become more sustainable. In addition to our growing and comprehensive sustainability consultancy service, we also support businesses in their goal to become more sustainable via training and coaching services. We inspire and promote sustainability through our Sustainable Business Podcast as well as our Sustainability Solved resource centre which offers carbon footprinting (via our Compare Your Footprint web app), environmental guidance via the provision of handbooks, blogs, webinars, on-hand experts, and peer-to-peer engagement.
- Hybrid working from home, Company office, and Client sites
- 9-day fortnight, meaning every employee gets one long weekend per month (Friday and Monday off).
- Day off on your birthday
- 8 hours per month of paid leave to volunteer for a charity
- On-going access to self-led and coached sales training for CPD.
- Inclusion in a profit share bonus scheme
- Permitted carry-over of 5 days of annual leave per year
- Enhanced Company Sick pay scheme
- Enhanced family-friendly policies
- Carers leave and pay
- Sabbatical after 5 years of service of 2 months at full pay or 4 months at full pay for a sabbatical taken after 10 years of service
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Ethical pension
- Easy access to vouchers relating to eye tests and glasses for employees classified as Display Screen Equipment users
- Access to an employee assistance programme that is available to all employees and their families 24/7, 365 days a year providing free 1-2-1 counselling, online CBT, access to guidance and support relating to bereavement, debt, consumer rights, property disputes, legal issues, etc. In addition to a free Wellbeing Portal and associated App for all employees providing general advice and education regarding health, medical concerns, managing money, relationships, etc.
- Choice of when to take the bank holiday to follow either Scotland or England’s bank holidays (8 days per annum)
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
This role is responsible for onboarding and retaining clients of Compare Your Footprint in addition to upselling and cross-selling Green Element and Compare Your Footprint’s products and services. This position is the first point of contact with clients to onboard, establish requirements, and ensure their success using our platform to understand their environmental impact. Furthermore, the role is an important contributor to the sales and service process to ensure that the client’s journey between Green Element and Compare Your Footprint services is a smooth and easy one.
- Compare Your Footprint Ambassadors
- Sales teams across Green Element and Compare Your Footprint
- Business Development
- Marketing team across Green Element and Compare Your Footprint
- Analysis and Environmental Management Consultant teams
- Business Administrator
- External technology partner
- Product Management
- Development team
- Act as the first point of contact with clients to onboard, establish requirements and develop relationships over time. Offer exceptional customer service to clients.
- Understand and manage support enquiries, prioritise interactions, and create automations where possible. Respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Responsible for retaining subscribers. Staying informed of client’s requirements and using procedures to enhance problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Grow the subscription revenue (ARR) by identifying the need for managed services.
- Identifying any product development issues with the appropriate members of the team clearly and concisely.
- Identify gaps in the product/offering from customer feedback and relay this to appropriate members of the team.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of, and keep clients informed about, Green Element Group products and services to enhance subscription sales & referrals to the consulting and analysis teams.
- Continuous monitoring of wider business metrics through CRM programs and presenting findings to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Attend seminars, conferences, and networking events where appropriate.
- Stay ahead of trends and changes in the climate and sustainability arena in addition to the business environment.
- Support the marketing team on engagement campaigns.
- Customer Focus
- Customer impact / Value added
- Written Communications
- Interpersonal savvy
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for results
- Team / Unit contribution
- Productive work habits
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to understand the context of different client relationships and respond accordingly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, potential clients and colleagues on calls, in meetings, and to a high standard when delivering presentations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients and resolving conflict/problem resolution.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise your workload, and be an independent contributor to the team.
- Collaborative team work on large/complex projects.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Demonstrable experience in consistently providing exceptional customer service and sales to clients.
- Proven track record of business development within an SME including active involvement in obtaining new business, selling B2B, and inputting into client proposals. Driven to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
- Ability to effectively solve customer issues and complaints.
- Planning strategies for customer care and conflict resolution.
- Negotiating agreements with customers.
- Experience in presenting to all levels of an organisation up to and including leadership teams. Demonstrable experience in speaking to senior decision-makers and budget holders.
- Demonstrable experience in building the profile of a business.
- Proven track record of building networks and services to attract and retain new clients.
- Experience in service development to deliver improvements in existing processes/technology and introduce new technological offerings.