Florence is one of the UK’s fastest-growing healthcare technology companies, founded by an NHS doctor with an ambition to transform care with people-first technology. The Florence app empowers nurses to find flexible, fair and transparent work options, and enables healthcare facilities to reliably address staffing shortages.
With over 90,000 healthcare professionals and 4,000 facilities using Florence in the UK, and a recent series B fundraise of $35m USD, we’ve set our sights on global expansion into Canada, France and Germany. This is a unique opportunity to join the Florence Canada team in its launch year, working in support of a high-growth start-up mandate.
Florence technology powers an innovative marketplace between healthcare organizations and professionals. We’re looking to supercharge our Sales team to unlock a wide and varied network of organizations as one side of the marketplace.
Critical to success in this role is a challenger mindset and entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit: the ability to work with what you have, identify new angles, and unlock learnings from wins and losses to help chart a new path. You must be resilient and collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You will have a proven track record in sales, ideally within the sector, however the real key is having the right attitude and willingness to learn. Above all else, you are a team player.
At Florence, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the healthcare industry while contributing to a dynamic and fast-growing organization. Join us as we revolutionize healthcare staffing with technology!
Find out more about us at www.florenceapp.com/ca/about-us.
- Prospecting and Lead Generation: Generate fresh leads through cold calling, cold emailing and social outreach. You’re comfortable in generating your own leads and following up on warm leads through internal channels
- Sales Execution: Sell our revolutionary solutions to healthcare organizations in alignment with our sales strategy. You'll own the full sales cycle – from lead generation to closing deals.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with our team, familiarize yourself with our product offerings, and understand the distinct benefits we provide to ensure effective communication and sales strategies.
- CRM Management: Utilize our CRM, Hubspot, to manage your sales pipeline. Even if you've used other major CRM solutions before, we value your ability to adapt and streamline your workflow.
- Relationship Building: Nurture and strengthen relationships with decision-makers at prospective clients, guiding them through the sales funnel with an empathetic and consultative approach.
- Voice of Partners: Serve as the crucial link between our partners and internal teams. Collaborate with the product and marketing teams to secure resources and prioritize partner success. You will be empowered to propose product updates and features to enhance their utility and effectively engage users with Florence's unique value proposition.
- Proven experience and a track record in a sales role, ideally within healthcare staffing
- Exceptional communication skills — personable, confident, emotionally intelligent; ability to articulate key messages thoughtfully in both a verbal and written setting
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion for the healthcare industry and technology
- Experience with Hubspot CRM considered an asset
- A team player that welcomes accountability
Other Role Information
- Role Type: Full-Time position
- Location: Toronto, Ontario. While Florence offers work environment flexibility, this position requires regular in-person presence at our office in downtown Toronto.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Paid Vacation: 3 weeks
- Benefits: Competitive benefit package; Professional Growth and Development opportunities.
- Work for a fast-growing start-up tackling one of the most pressing global challenges in healthcare
- A chance to be part of a the launch team in the first year of operations
- 3 weeks vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental
- A hybrid work environment in Toronto’s stylish new East Room location, downtown Toronto
- Professional growth and development opportunities
We promote an environment for our staff and app users that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances, in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and believe we find our strength in our diversity. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your enquiry.
We offer a flexible, empathetic and highly collaborative working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of a career with a forward-thinking tech company committed to inclusion, we’d love to hear from you.