South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Manager, Communications, Engagement and Leadership is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to international and Australian clients on communications and sustainability topics for the corporate sector. You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of proposals for South Pole's creative communications, engagement and leadership hub (communications strategy, sustainability strategy, client management and creative), as well as for the implementation of projects, for which you will supervise small project teams. You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as the main point of contact for the client.
In addition, you will contribute to the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise medium- to large-size sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation
- Interact and build relationships with our international and Australian clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates
- Develop proposals for the corporate sector on creative communications and sustainability topics with the Key Account Management team and with senior consulting professionals to support business development activities for the company
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in developing proposals and implementing advisory projects, as well as lead their technical review
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
- Support the practice team in further developing South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings
- Lead and directly manage small teams of consultants in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context
- Topics of engagement may include: Brand impact strategies, ESG integration, engagement strategies, communications plans and strategies, innovation strategy, materiality assessments, stakeholder engagement plans and the development and implementation of comms packs and reports
- University degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in a communications or sustainability related field
- Relevant knowledge of communications – both from a strategic and an implementation perspective, as well as an understanding of brand impact strategy, climate policy, carbon markets, corporate sustainability; environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies; Awareness of current national and international policy developments with regard to climate change and sustainable development
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 5 years) in corporate
communications, account management (comms & creative), sustainability consulting, or related field. Advanced project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context
- Proven expertise in autonomously creating high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables)
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders
- Advanced stakeholder and client management skills
- Industry-relevant connections, with a substantial network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders
- Sound understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of the practice
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and other local language
- Practical experience in communications consulting, sustainability/climate change strategy development; and stakeholder engagement and change management
- A Master’s degree will be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word
- Diligent, reliable, proactive and self-sufficient but collaborative approach to work
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Advanced prioritisation and time management skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.