So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’ve grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can for our customers and for each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do:
This position will allow a new FP&A Analyst on a 6 month fixed-term contract to come on board with the opportunity to work as part of a large finance team. Key priorities for FP&A are the delivery of best practice finance processes, digitalisation, effective engagement with business leaders to understand and deliver business performance and continued staff development.
- Prepare, analyse, develop insights, and report Business Unit monthly management reporting information
- Analyse and report financial and non-financial KPIs
- Support preparation of forecasts, target setting, budgets and 5-year plans, to include gathering inputs through engagement with the business, reporting draft and final outcomes and commentary
- Address ad hoc queries and decision support requests
- Delivery of continuous improvement initiatives and various projects within the FP&A function.
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- High level of accounting competency and strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated – able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Strong understanding of financial systems and processes
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance 4x base salary
- Bonus up to 10% base salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Ongoing support and development as well as a generous learning and development budget
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply and make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability.