Who we are
Sifted is an award-winning media platform, backed by the Financial Times. We have our fingers on the pulse of the fast moving world of technology and the dynamic startup ecosystem in Europe. Four years after launching, our high-quality journalism is a must-read for many founders, investors and people working in startups across the continent.
But Sifted doesn’t stop at reporting. We create podcasts, produce reports and host events across Europe for a startup, scaleup and investor audience which compliment our journalism.
As the very first advertising and sponsorship marketing manager for the commercial sales team, this is an unique opportunity to join us at an exciting stage. You’ll be responsible for the go-to-market strategy for the (well-established) sales team, fuelling our growth by feeding our funnel and kick-starting commercial relationships with leading brands in the tech ecosystem.
What will you be doing
- Strategy development:
- Craft the go-to-market messaging for the advertising and sponsorship team which aligns with our brand vision and showcases our advertising and sponsorship opportunities to new and existing clients.
- Work with wider marketing team members (across subscriptions and events) to input into the annual marketing plan covering audience, content and key messaging.
- Creative and campaign development:
- Lead the creation of media kits, factsheets and other sales tools to form a sales enablement “tool kit” which will be used across all our advertising and sponsorship products.
- Create engaging marketing emails and messaging within our core products (e.g. newsletters, reports) which generate interest in our advertising and sponsorship products from new and existing clients.
- Campaign performance Tracking:
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of advertising and sponsorship marketing campaigns, providing regular reports and insights to internal stakeholders as to the success of various campaigns, products and channels.
- Use a data-driven approach to decide where to focus our resources to generate maximum advertising and sponsorship revenue.
- Work with other marketeers to advise on client content campaigns, analysing campaign data to define what works best - and what doesn’t - when it comes to commercial product promotions (e.g. branded content).
What are we like to work for?
We have a small-company mindset, but big company goals, and can draw on many of the strengths and benefits of a world-respected brand, the Financial Times. We’re friendly, hardworking and passionate about what we do. We have a flat structure, collaborate across disciplines, and everyone can have an impact across many areas of the business. We value feedback, honesty and clear communication.
London (although we are open to semi-remote applicants — ie. people who could travel in two or three days per week.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of three years previous experience in a commercial marketing role, preferably within the media industry and working with advertising and sponsorship sales teams
- Some knowledge of the UK media advertising market
- A self-starter with the ability to manage several projects at once
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Commercially minded – you will be as revenue focused as your sales peers and understanding the importance of publishing deadlines and lead times.
- Must have UK media experience.
What we offer:
- Up to £45k salary, dependant on experience
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays, plus the three days between Christmas and new year.
- A flexible work environment, 2 or 3 days in the office per week with the rest from wherever you like
- Work from abroad for up to 20 days each year – we encourage our team to spend time
- £1,000 per year annual learning budget for you to spend on up-skilling yourself
- Regular team socials (e.g. Oval cricket, Barbie cinema trip, book club)
- Proper mental health care. We offer free access to a comprehensive mental healthcare solution.