350.org is looking for a an interim Japan Digital Campaigner to join our team of dedicated individuals who will support our Japan team's digital campaigns while aiding in the development and execution of digital strategies.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns,grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteerorganizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once,using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways tostrengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world. The values thatguide and drive our work are listed here.
350.org is an equal-opportunity employer. 350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group ofpeople who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys workingtogether. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverseperspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what wedecide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positionsaccessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability,assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed,veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to include teammembers in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds ofenvironmental, social, and economic injustice.
In support of our Japan team's digital campaigns, you will aid in the development and execution of digital strategies for a 3-month term. You will help implement campaign plans that aid 350 and its partners in achieving our solution work goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of emails, tracking of metrics and data, production of social media content, and creation of other online content to achieve campaign goals
- Strategically use digital recruitment to transition online audiences to offline action
- Tracking and analysis of digital metrics to identify key lessons from campaigns and projects, and sharing those with digital and non-digital campaigners
- Maintain and collaborate with partner organizations and coalitions
- Creation of webpages to support and maintain campaign websites
- Provide digital coverage and amplification for key campaign actions or mobilizations
- Collaborate with Asia, global, and other 350 teams
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Japanese
- Experience in digital campaigning and/or grassroots movement organizing
- Experience with some of the key tools used by the 350.org digital team, including ActionKit, Action Network, WordPress, mass and social media platforms, and digital advertising
- Ability to operate simple website pages using WordPress
- Ability to learn new mid-level digital skills quickly.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with intersectional advocacy work on issues of race, class, and gender
- Basic graphic design skills using tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Canva
- Experience or interest in teaching volunteers, colleagues, etc., effective use of digital tools, campaign strategy, and other skills
- Comfort and experience working remotely, including with colleagues in multiple time zones
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working remotely in coordination both with teams and independently who is also highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
Position Type: Full-time
Duration: We aim to have someone in this role from 18 September 2023 to 12 January 2024
Location: Remote in Japan
Work Environment: Mostly working remotely. Might be asked occasionally to work in an office
Travel: May occasionally travel from time to time (domestic)
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and stronglyencourage you to write to us email@example.com the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’.