We’re on a mission to create a diverse group of future leaders. We do that through professional apprenticeships because we believe learning on-the-job creates a more equitable and successful path to careers. We find, train and support talented individuals, wherever they are in their career journey, and equip them with the in-demand tech, software engineering, and data skills to transform their careers and deliver a better route to growth for their employers.
We’ve had some big achievements. We hit 10,000 apprentices in our community - and counting. We launched one of the largest data apprenticeship programs in the UK with Jaguar Land Rover, and we’ve partnered with companies like Mars, Verizon and CitiBank. Not to forget becoming a mission-driven EdTech unicorn after our $220m Series D.
But we aren’t stopping here. Join Multiverse and build the future of learning at work.
The Durable Skills Product Manager will be responsible for designing and executing a strategy for the business in Durable Skills - the interpersonal, critical thinking, and self-management capabilities that supercharge performance in the workplace and remain relevant as roles and careers evolve. We are looking for someone who is obsessed with developing market-leading products and wants to create a massive impact by unlocking the potential of underrepresented talent by equipping our learners with the Durable Skills they need for success to and through their careers.
This is a unique opportunity to lead high-profile product development initiatives in a high-growth business, working closely with senior stakeholders and teams across the business.
Specifically, you will
- Lead end-to-end product development for our apprenticeship programs by conducting market discovery, product validation and user research
- Shape the strategy for your product area based on a deep understanding of business objectives, customer needs and market trends
- Set priorities for your product area by balancing different inputs and perspectives
- Define the product roadmap to deliver on the strategic priorities
- Execute the end-to-end implementation of product priorities in close partnership with cross-functional teams (incl. Product Marketing, Delivery, Learning Design, Sales)
- Manage complex stakeholder interactions and represent your product both internally to the business and externally to our customers
- Report against product success metrics to identify areas of opportunity or improvement
- Engage with senior managers to recommend and influence major product decisions
- You have 5+ years of experience in education and/or product roles with a minimum of 2 years experience in a product or strategy role within a commercial business environment
- You’ve designed and led complex initiatives in product development or strategy and have a track record of excellence and impact. You’ve got a strong operational skillset, and are highly effective at managing and reporting against priorities in collaboration with a cross-functional and distributed team
- You are strategic and analytical - able to synthesise insights and develop a clear strategy and roadmap for your product area. You centre the user in everything you do; experience in user research is recommended but not required.
- You’re excellent at working with stakeholders and influencing without authority. You are an effective communicator and can effectively have difficult conversations with peers and stakeholders, upholding clarity and warmth simultaneously
- You might have worked in a high-growth business, and you’re energised by busy and dynamic working environments
- You are passionate about social and economic mobility, and the goal of ensuring that all talented people - regardless of background - have access to the best opportunities
- Time off - 27 days holiday, plus 7 additional days off: 1 life event day, 2 volunteer days and 4 company-wide wellbeing days
- Health & Wellness- private medical Insurance with Bupa, a medical cashback scheme, life insurance, gym membership & wellness resources through Gympass and access to Spill - all in one mental health support
- Hybrid & remote work offering - with weekly or monthly visits to the London office and the opportunity to work abroad 45 days a year
- Team fun - weekly socials, company wide events and office snacks!
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Right to Work
Do you have the right to work in the UK? Unfortunately, at this time we cannot offer sponsorship for this role and we cannot consider overseas applications.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.