So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’ve grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can for our customers and for each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do:
We are growing internally and have implemented many new systems to assist the team in managing day to day tasks and projects.
With 3 IT operators already in-house, we are looking for a 1st line support engineer to join the team to support staff and internal systems.
What you will be doing:
- Log tickets into the service management system keeping in line with SLAs and ensuring excellent communication with the end users
- Help continue to build the knowledgebase with documentation that all staff can refer to relieve stress on the daily workload
- Support the internal hardware consisting of a mix of Windows and Apple devices
- Incident and Problem Management
- Triaging hardware issues within the business from walk ups to remote sessions
- Working closely with the IT team to support internal users and spread the BAU workload
- Work with internal staff to overcome challenges, issues, problems and requests
- Log and triage tickets using the ticket management system
- Knowledge share and cross train skills with team members
- Windows desktop operating systems
- Office 365
- Anti-virus solutions
Good to have knowledge and experience with:
- Apple operating systems
- Server operating systems and services such as Active Directory
- Cloud technologies – Azure, AWS and GCP
- Jira or similar ITSM
- Windows 10, Windows 11 and Mac OS
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary up to £30k
- Life Assurance 4x base salary
- Bonus up to 10% base salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Ongoing support and development as well as a generous learning and development budget
- Free daily breakfast
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply and make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability.