📍 Remote First - Once per week paid travel to our brand new Lincoln office!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an Insurance Claims Facilitator interested in supporting our Rent Protection and Legal Expenses Insurance claims process. Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and this experience includes our customers benefiting from a truly exceptional claims process.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
The day to day stuff:
- Supporting the submission of a claim into our process and working with letting agents and tenants to evaluate what course of action is required
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is gathered and filed correctly, liaising with key stakeholders where further information is required
- Mediating with tenants, guarantors and letting agents, where necessary, with the aim of reaching a resolution to the claim that is suitable for all parties
- Working alongside our insurer and their panel solicitors where a claim can’t be resolved by mediation
- Providing clear and factual information in line with our policy wordings and processes
- Handling customer escalations from our Support, Success and Insurance teams
- Your success will be measured against your ability to adhere to a regulated process so you should enjoy working in a healthy performance and process-driven environment
You should apply if you:
- have experience in claims management and/or working in a process driven environment
- have proven success in following an existing process and can establish rapport and trust with people quickly and effectively over the phone
- have a positive and resilient attitude, and can maintain it even under pressure
- are able to work autonomously and you're comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- possess strong IT literacy and be comfortable using various software packages
- are super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- have excellent spoken and written English, with outstanding communication skills
- would like the ability to work remotely, and the flexibility that brings
It would also be great if:
- Have previously worked in the lettings industry or within an insurance environment that deals with Rent and Legal protection
- Have some knowledge of the legal processes around recovering rent and possession of a property for private landlords
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with around 3000 letting agents using the platform, exciting & varied product lines and 320 Goodlordians supporting the mission!
Our purpose - building the best rental experience in the world - is clear to everyone, and so too is the fact that people are central to achieving that mission; we have worked hard to make Goodlord great so we’re proud to have been ranked 10th in the UK's Best Workplaces™ 2022 - Large category.
Not only that but the following too:-
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
Unfortunately we cannot offer sponsorship for this role.
Strictly NO agencies - we have trusted partners should we need support.