Job Title: Liquidity and ALM Oversight Manager
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £75,000 - £90,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: we could support hybrid working from our London office
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
The Liquidity and ALM manager role is part of the Second Line Risk & Compliance Function and forms the 3 FTE team of Prudential Risk Team. Prudential Risk is led by the Head of Prudential Risk and consists of a manager leading capital management oversight and a manager providing liquidity and ALM oversight. This is a highly specialist team that provides technical SME expertise to the Bank and oversight of the Treasury and Finance function across strategy, business plan, capital and liquidity management and other key prudential risks.
The role holder will be expected to be a self-starter with deep technical expertise. Highly proactive and ability develop and work with the Bank’s Finance and Treasury team providing second line input and expertise across ALM, funding and liquidity management, IRRBB, regulatory reporting, ILAAP, ICAAP, Recovery plan, solvent wind down (exit) plan among other day to day activities.
What you will be working on:
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with agreed Funding, Liquidity and ALM frameworks and policies. Identify gaps
- in the existing risk processes and work cross functionally to address them.
- Monitor and report triggers and limits set by the appropriate committees (ALCO, ERC and Board) and escalate as required.
- Ensure funding, liquidity and ALM risks are identified, quantified, managed and reported line Bank polices and industry
- good practice.
- Oversight and contribute (as appropriate) to the Bank’s ILAAP, management of IRRBB, Recovery Plan and Solvent Wind down plan.
- Periodic deep dive analysis into funding markets, portfolios, balance sheets, new products, or new business lines, as it
- relates to prudential risk management.
- Oversight and support First Line Regulatory Reporting including undertaking Second Line assurance activities.
- Monitor the external environment (financial markets, economic developments, political developments etc) and identify
- emerging trends, themes and risks that affect the Bank from a prudential risk perspective.
- Produce, review and enhance appropriate (standardised) risk reporting to risk committee(s).
- Establish, communicate, and facilitate the use of appropriate risk management methodologies, tools, practices and
- techniques including via contributions to risk appetite statements, risk management frameworks as well as policies relating
- to prudential risk management.
- Contributing to the review and challenge the First Line in relation to prudential risks, the Business Plan and Strategy.
- Supporting the review and update of the stress testing framework for liquidity and capital risks.
What we're looking for:
- 5 years’ experience of working in liquidity and ALM/IRRBB management in a ideally gained in banking role.
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research, read, understand and apply regulatory and legislative policies, directives or standards.
- Strong understanding of market and funding liquidity risks and associated risk measures including (but not limited to)
- liquidity coverage (LCR) and net stable funding ratios (NSFR), IRRBB and basis risks.
- Familiarity and strong understanding of the products and positions utilised in the asset-liability management universe
- including but not limited to money market instruments, fixed income instruments, interest rate and FX derivatives, repo
- and reverse repo agreements, bilateral and syndicated loans, covered bonds, asset backed securities and securitisation.
- Deep understanding of BIS, EBA and PRA prudential regulations, capital rules requirements and expectations.
- Experience with the ILAAP, Recovery plan and ICAAP processes and hands-on management of prudential risks.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Able to build relationships across the business at all levels of seniority.
- Organised and work effectively to deadlines on own and as part of team.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Hub for treats, cash back and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Smart tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Quarterly team social budgets
- Healthcare plan through Westfield Health
- Free flu jabs
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.