Senior Technical Project Manager
Permanent employee, Full-time · London
Senior Technical Project Manager
Competitive Salary £70,000-£75,000: plus company bonus, enhanced benefits - including unlimited paid annual leave, private healthcare, pension, discounted gym membership and more)
We are seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to lead a portfolio of key client accounts. The ideal candidate will have experience in a digital agency, consultancy environment, or product teams, leading data, and software engineers on large-scale data transformation projects. This individual should be comfortable working closely with engineers and developers to plan, communicate, and execute complex project plans.
The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity and an insatiable drive to get things done, both personally and by enabling others. They will be the catalyst that gets the ball rolling, patiently prodding until tasks are completed. This individual will be capable of engaging both engineers and non-technical clients with candour, understanding, and a knack for making complex concepts accessible. They will be a living example of process improvement, enhancing the workflows they touch by embodying best practices rather than merely directing from the sidelines.
This is a hybrid role and requires working 2 days per week from our offices in Shoreditch, London. Team members will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled, and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
- Technical project leadership: lead the definition and delivery of data and digital projects in an agile environment. Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. Report on key metrics.
- Project planning and execution: Plan and execute software and data engineering projects, considering client requirements while enabling engineers to produce excellent work.
- Client consultation: Translate client vision, strategy, and feedback into actionable project plans and Jira tickets. Represent the client when they are not present and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Agile facilitation: Balance long-term project plans and resource allocation with immediate action and reaction. Facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with developers to plan, prioritize, and execute project tasks, asking the tough questions that others may not. Collaborate with our data strategy team to ensure the project outcomes align to the overall strategic goals
- Risk management: Foresee risks and challenges by encouraging the team to think long-term and work together to identify and mitigate potential issues.
- Quality assurance: Ensure project deadlines are met and deliverables are of high quality
- Documentation: Enable everyone to document their work, leaving each deliverable with more shared clarity than before they started.
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading technical projects and/or services primarily in an agency / consultancy setting
- Understanding of, and willingness to adapt agile methodologies to the project’s need
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deep knowledge of Jira and Confluence, ability to pick up any tool on their own volition and explain to the team
- Broad understanding of software development languages, frameworks, and databases
- Familiarity or desire to learn software design patterns and technologies in data engineering and data science
Skills & Competencies
- Process-oriented, with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to document accurately and diligently
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to think on your feet and willingness to take ownership and risks in the face of technical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills in a client-facing role
How to apply
If you are interested in this role and feel your skills and experience are a good match and want to find out more then please do get in touch. Please complete the application form and upload your CV(Closing date for applications is the 18th August 2023).
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Profusion is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we embrace difference in a serious way. We welcome aplications from all sections of the community and we are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views and guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the criteria in our person specification. We are also committed to providing support through training and development to successful applicants who are returning to work after any career gaps due to caring responsibilities. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Profusion then we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.
We are a team of data specialists who design, build, and embed cutting edge-data solutions that create value. Through combining in-house expertise with an extensive network of specialist and academic partnerships, we help our clients to become more efficient and more effective through data.
Our ability to support across all parts of the transformation journey makes us different. From strategy and engineering, through to analysis, machine learning and BI, we bring all the necessary skillsets together to produce genuine business impact and strong ROI for our clients.
Whether it’s to drive profitable revenue growth, retain the best talent, report on ESG metrics, or embed a data-driven mindset to improve the adoption of new tools, we support our clients to solve their biggest and most pertinent business challenges.
We’re committed to using data for good, our philanthropic foundation, Profusion Cares, offers staff the opportunity to be a part of the heart of our business.