Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.
We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
One of the UK’s newest unicorns with a team of >250 people
Among the top 10 fastest-growing tech companies in the UK
Profitable since 2017
Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs and most recently OTPP (Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan) in 2022
Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.9/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.
We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes. We launched our loans product in the US in 2022 with more product launches to follow this year!
Join us if you want to
Take ownership across a broad remit. You are trusted to make decisions that drive a material impact on the direction and success of Lendable from day 1
Work in small teams of exceptional people who are relentlessly resourceful to solve problems and find smarter solutions than the status quo
Build the best technology in-house, using new data sources, machine learning, and AI to make machines do the heavy lifting
What's the role
We’re looking for someone with 1-2 years of relevant experience who is great with analysing and writing complex, sometimes legal, documents. This is a role that will work directly with our Head of Compliance and will have a ton of impact very quickly.
Things you’ll be working on
- Using your analytical skills and eye for detail to draw critical insights from guidance, documentation and policies that affect all areas of Lendable
- Assisting in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices
- Supporting the ongoing development of the governance, risk and control framework including associated administration
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations.
- Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for the supported function/business/product
- Researching rules and rule changes and assisting in implementing policies, procedures or other controls necessary to keep Lendable compliant
What we're looking for
- Someone that loves reading and writing to a high calibre. You’ll be reading complex rules, policies and documents and contributing towards internal documentation that will have high visibility
- You’ll have a natural curiosity and love to dig into things to understand how they work
- Startup mindset. We’re a fast-growth tech startup so you’ll be super excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment and have a real impact on the business
We will try our best to get things moving as quickly as possible. For this role, the process will be:
- Phone call with one of the team
- Short written exercise to complete in your own time
- Video interview with the team
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
Best-in-class compensation including equity.
You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish - on the other days, we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
Our in-house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunches in the office every Tuesday-Thursday
We care for our Lendies’ well-being both physically and mentally, so we offer the highest coverage when it comes to private health insurance
We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements
We're an equal-opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London