So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’ve grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can for our customers and for each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do:
We are growing both internally and by use of 3rd party partners, and the remit of the IT department is expanding. With a clear requirement for the customer operations side of the business needing assistance with their application support, a new vertical has been setup within the IT team to manage business tooling, and we are looking for an IT Business Applications Engineer to work closely with the IT Business Applications Manager and existing IT App team to manage the growing portfolio of tools.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the customer facing teams by maintaining solutions they use, finding ways to make them more efficient, suggesting improvements and working with 3rd party’s to implement upgrades and features
- Gaining a good understanding of CS and Ops solutions, how they are used, how they affect the business and how to minimise impact if they experience incidents
- Working closely with the IT Business Applications Manager to improve support of CS and Operations solutions
- Working closely with the Service Delivery team to apply their Change and Release Management processes to Customer facing solutions
- Documenting all information about the solutions in use across the business to ensure So Energy is audit ready
- SQL and Python scripting experience
- Atlassian configuration experience – Service Management, reporting, workflows and automations
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary between £32,788 and £37,020
- Life Assurance 4x base salary
- Bonus up to 10% base salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Ongoing support and development as well as a generous learning and development budget
- Free daily breakfast
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply and make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability.