Chilly’s are on the look-out for a talented and enthusiastic Graduate Product Designer. This is a brand new position within our growing product team.
Founded in 2010, Chilly’s is driven by its aim of providing people with the ability to always have cold water on-the-go, without having to buy single-use plastic water bottles. The result was the Chilly’s bottle, a modern and stylish product designed to combine the convenience of a plastic water bottle with the eco-friendly benefits of a traditional flask.
In pursuit of our mission to accelerate the adoption and everyday use of reusable products we have now expanded the range to include a wider selection of reusable products with many more exciting products in development! With a focus on style, performance, and sustainability, we have become a leading brand in the market, loved by customers worldwide.
Chilly’s are at an exciting stage of change and growth, and as a graduate engineer, you will be working within the design team to help create our next line of products. This is an opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects, collaborating with experienced professionals in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
You will be required to support the team and the product development in a variety of ways from early research to product testing.
This is a full-time position based in our fantastic London office in Shoreditch. We believe in flexibility and value collaboration, and we are all currently working in a hybrid pattern, working 2 to 3 days per week in the office and the rest of our week remotely.
What you’ll be working on:
- Participating in the entire product design process, from initial research to manufacturing and production.
- Conducting research and gathering insights to inform product design decisions.
- Analysing product reviews and complaints data for on-going product improvements.
- Creating and developing design concepts, sketches, and 3D models.
- Developing the mechanical interaction from concept to production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Design Consultancies, Supply Chain and Marketing, to align design concepts with business goals.
- Getting hands on creating and testing prototypes.
- Providing technical feedback on the latest designs to create reliable product interactions.
- Creating and reviewing Engineering Drawings to share with suppliers.
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for testing and validation.
- Assisting in product testing, reviewing samples at each tooling stage, providing feedback to Product Design Lead.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and design best practices.
- Support in developing packaging for the product.
- Recent graduate with a formal background in Industrial Design, Product Design, Product Engineering or a related field.
- A good knowledge of a leading 3D CAD package - preferably Solidworks.
- Experience using the Adobe Suite in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Experience creating engineering drawings.
- Excellent creative and conceptual design skills, with an eye for aesthetics and usability.
- A strong understanding of general design and engineering principles.
- Passionate about sustainability and the reduction of single use.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A good problem-solving mindset, and the ability to investigate problems to find the root cause.
- A hands-on approach to prototyping. Experience in foam modelling, a good working knowledge of general workshop processes and a good understanding of rapid prototyping techniques.
- Comfortable testing and evaluating products and prototypes throughout the development process.
- A strong portfolio, demonstrating not only your design work, but the process and thinking behind it. We love to see award-winning design, but also want to hear about the problems your ideas solve.
- Excited by the opportunities that come with growth, and grounded by Chilly’s mission
The type of person we’d love to work with:
At Chilly’s, we’re united by a set of values that guide our unique way of working.
Lead the Change
To lead the change we must never settle. It means being brave enough to set standards and, as leaders, ambitious enough to exceed them.
Less but Better
We work deliberately and decisively, focusing on what we believe in and being brave enough to say no to the things we don’t.
We care as much about each other’s contribution as we do our own, so we support one another to grow, and we turn to one another to learn.
At Chilly’s we believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment, which is why we nurture a diverse and unique workforce. This commitment to inclusion drives Chilly’s forward every day.
What we offer:
- Holiday: 26 days including a day off for your birthday + festive day off and seasonal early finishes
- Pension contribution
- Bupa cash plan and Bupa healthcare
- Life Insurance and Income Protection with YuLife
- Employee discounts on all Chilly’s products
- A range of benefits, discounts and deals through our ‘perks at work’ initiatives
- Development offering and careers progression framework to support you and your team's growth with Chilly’s
- Flexible working culture
- Physical, mental and financial wellbeing support