Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Sr. Director of Revenue Operations will lead a high-impact team responsible for the Operations technology stack, Enterprise pricing, and budget management. This role reports directly to the Head of Marketing.
This team has a mighty remit: Creating alignment and order through systems thinking. Developing the systems and tools to drive budget efficiency. Simplify complex, multi-step projects into trackable work that cascades cross-functionally to achieve success.
You will serve as a thought partner and influencer to leaders and stakeholders across the company, shaping the vision and creating alignment around how we structure Operations.
Business Leadership for Marketing & Sales Technology
- Define the business capabilities needed to enable sales and marketing activity
- Map out a cross-functional path to serving those capabilities along a quarterly and annual plan, both internally and externally
- Communicate the operational requirements for technology implementations
- Ensure prioritized sprint work maps to progress against the quarterly and annual plan
- Act as the Executive business lead for large cross-functional Marketing and Sales technology implementations. Implementations will span both Marketing and Sales functions, and will be inclusive of Enterprise and Consumer needs
Business Leadership for Data & Business Intelligence
- Provide requirements for Forecasting, Customer Segmentation, Quota, and Compensation analysis tools
- Document Tracking and Integrations requirements, ensuring a stable stream of data powers our Marketing & Sales stack
- Oversee Marketing and Sales responsibilities for Data stewardship, Data Quality
- Compliance: GDPR, TCPA, Do not Call
- Evaluate and develop Enterprise pricing and packaging strategies to accelerate profitability
- Partner with Solutions, Product & Product Marketing leadership to identify products & features to be packaged and priced
- Coordinate annual budget exercise for Marketing & Sales
- Hit key deadlines dovetailing the spend, headcount and revenue forecasts across marketing department
- Explain strategic underpinnings of marketing and sales strategy that manifest in spend, headcount, and revenue decisions
- Enable weekly, monthly and quarterly pacing to revenue budget with Data & BI and other key Marketing and Sales stakeholders
- Develop and track the cost and headcount budgets to maximize efficiency
- Support the annual quota planning cycle with forecasting tools and analysis
- Empower Sales leaders to understand sales efficiency, develop strategic goals and targets
- Incentives planning support
- Define the appropriate incentives compensation structure
- Facilitate payout process, and confirm accuracy vs. plan
- Expertise in Salesforce or other CRM, and reporting tools such as Tableau or Google Analytics
- Experience with telephony, SMS and email solutions for sales teams
- Experience with B2B and B2C Marketing Operations, including B2B ABM tools such as DemandBase
- 3+ Years Experience managing a team of Operations personnel
- Strong ability to communicate and provide business leadership to cross-functional teams
- Comfortable thinking big and diving deep, and have a proven track record of end-to-end project ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Strong capability to manage forecast models, analyze business trends, synthesize and communicate the story for where the business is headed
- Solid ability to dive into the details behind data models, including formulas, ETL processes, regression analyses and machine learning
- Competent in managing cost and headcount budgets
- Strong project manager with a track record of formulating solutions and implementing new processes and technologies to meet needs and drive growth
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $150,000 and $175,000. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission.
US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave and holiday pay.
The salary range published in this job posting is for US based locations only. Non-US based candidates interested in this position can email email@example.com for country specific pay range details and benefits offered.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.