📍London/remote | 💰£85,000 - £100,000 + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Finance Team:
Our finance team is growing and we’re looking for a Prudential Regulatory Senior Manager to join us. The role is responsible for understanding our prudential regulatory requirements, working on projects and submissions relating to these and collaborating with teams across the bank.
You will need to have a breadth of knowledge and experience across prudential regulation, ideally covering ICAAP, solvent wind down (SWDP), recovery planning, and resolution planning. You will have the ability to independently interpret a range of regulations, determine the impact of those on the bank, and to manage projects to implement them.
- ICAAP: lead/drive the planning and production in line with Monzo’s requirements.
- Recovery planning: you will lead/drive on the planning and implementation work in line with Monzo’s recovery and resolution requirements, including owning the delivery of our planning requirements.
- Lead the business in ensuring we comply with Resolvability Assessment Framework requirements, including Operational Continuity In Resolution, Valuation In Resolution and Continuity Of Access.
- Support the team in the annual ICAAP production.
- Support the team in the annual SWDP refresh.
- Identify the impact of prudential regulatory change and supporting relevant teams to assess and adapt to the challenges.
- Work with teams across the bank including product, borrowing, finance and risk.
You should apply if you:
- Have prudential regulatory experience at either a bank, a consultancy or a regulatory body and want to apply it to a fast growing new bank.
- Have detailed knowledge/experience of the relevant regulatory requirements, and the ability to interpret what that means for the relatively unique circumstances of our bank.
- Have the ability to coordinate, participate and lead projects to produce regulatory deliverables and maintain the Bank’s set of prudential documentation and supporting materials.
- Are interested in identifying relevant data, performing analysis and understanding the impact on our bank.
- Are able to work independently, proactively and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment.
- Are keen to learn about and work on areas of the regulatory regime that you may not have previously explored, particularly in the context of a new bank.
- Have experience building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter call
- Initial call with the hiring manager
- 2-3 calls with various stakeholders
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on *hiring email*
What’s in it for you:
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.