Leesman’s mission is to make workplaces better. In 2010, we set out to provide organisations with the world’s first truly independent measure of employee workplace experience using unique data-driven solutions. Since launching, we have measured over 6,200+ workplaces in 100+ countries and amassed 900,000+ individual employee responses to our standardised online survey, making the Leesman Index the world’s largest independent database of workplace experience. As we continue to help organisations navigate change, we have expanded our offering to measure employee home working experience to help organisations understand and plan for their future using our data-driven solutions.
Leesman is part of HqO (www.hqo.com) – a world leading digital to physical employee experience platform. Experience is the key to creating a thriving workplace community. The HqO Workplace Experience Platform™ consists of products and services that create branded and personalized experiences to accelerate innovative and informed portfolio, building, and workplace strategies.
What we’re looking for
Reporting to the Head of Software Engineering, we are looking for a developer who is passionate about building high-quality code and has experience in doing so using React, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, AWS services.
We have built V1 of our new product are replacing the legacy system into new tech stack. We are looking for an individual who is proactive and can primarily help us maintain and support our new product and services. Also support the building of new features/products effectively.
Whilst we are an established business, in-house development is new (although the team isn’t new to in-house dev), so experience of a fast-paced start-up would be useful but not essential. We work with external contractors and part of this role will be ensuring their delivery is of a quality and standard expected across code, test suites and best practices.
You will fit in by:
• Delivering solutions fast
• Thinking like a product owner
• Communicating with honesty and respect
• Having the appetite to build high standard solutions and taking pride in your work.
• Supporting the new platform, diagnosing problems, and resolving issues, new features
• Analyse requirements and translating these to elegant and maintainable code
• Maintaining and improving overall architecture (see below)
• Participating in wider team planning
• Participating in technology team activities such as code reviews, road mapping & planning sessions
• Communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders (including Product and Client Services as part of developing our products)
Our current stack
• React, Node JS, PostgreSQL
• AWS Services
• Serverless, Lambda, API Gateway, Cognito, S3, Route53, , CloudWatch, IAM, Secrets Manager and more
• Docker, Terraform
• Computer Science degree or similar
• Minimum 3 years (post education) experience within React, Node JS applications, PostgreSQL, AWS environments
• CI and Automated testing experience useful
• Experience of Git or another repo
• Being comfortable working proactively in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to communicate with both technical & non-technical stakeholders
• Keen to learn new skills and to adapt to changing business needs
• Honesty, integrity, and enthusiasm
Not-required, but ideal:
• Other technologies in the stack, experience with any beneficial
• Knowledge of iOS or Android Development
• SaaS product experience
This role reports to the Head of Software Engineering. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Leesman is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.