About our Organisation
The Soil Association, formed in 1946, is the only UK charity which works across the spectrum of human health, the environment and animal welfare. That’s because we cannot tackle these issues in isolation.
We campaign for change, we support farming innovation, we serve healthy food in communities, we support and grow the organic market, and we protect forests. We couldn't do any of this without our supporters, partners, donors and dedicated staff. We make a difference in the world where it’s needed the most.
About the Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and passionate Food for Life Scotland team and to deliver our external communications, extending the profile, reach, impact, and engagement of the Food for Life Scotland programme. We work in partnership with local authorities and the food and drink industry to connect producers and caterers, putting more freshly prepared Scottish food on the table using the Food for Life Served Here award as a framework for change. We believe good food holds the key to a healthier population, a greener environment and a thriving economy.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team player with:
- Experience of delivering effective communications across the ‘mix’ – including marketing, PR, digital and social media
- Experience of creating rich content for digital communications and social media
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud suite, SEO, Google Analytics, Umbraco and CRM systems
- The ability to collaborate well as part of close-knit team
- An interest in sustainability, food systems and behaviour change
We offer a range of financial and lifestyle benefits to all our employees, including:
- 27 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution increasing with length of service
- Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
- Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce
37.5 hours per week (can be flexible - open to discussion)
Fixed Term - Until 31st March 2024
Edinburgh with hybrid working