About the job
We are looking for an Education Recruitment Consultant to join the Targeted Provision team on a permanent and hybrid basis, to support us in our mission of hiring the UK’s best holistic and trauma-informed tutors.
At Targeted Provision our mission is to raise the standard of educational support offered to vulnerable young people in the UK.
We work with schools and local authorities to provide specialist tutors and mentors for children and young people with additional educational needs.
We also support mentoring and engagement / re-engagement for young people in need of Alternative Provision. We believe that with the right support and role model in their lives, every child can grow in confidence and succeed in learning.
Our Recruitment Team takes a quality-first approach in ensuring that every tutor we work with is Safely Recruited and can deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support.
What we offer our Education Recruitment Consultant:
- 32 days of annual leave (FTE) and an additional day off on your birthday
- Discretionary shutdown between Christmas and New Year
- Private Healthcare and Dental Plan
- The flexibility of a hybrid role
- Extensive CPD and upskilling opportunities, including unlimited access to the full Tes CPD suite
- Termly company events with the wider Targeted Provision Team
- Working within an early-stage company focussed on the development and wellbeing of its team
- A place within an ambitious and fast-growing company of child-centred individuals committed to transforming the world of support for vulnerable young people for the better
- The opportunity to be heard, make real change within the team, and be part of the growth of an ambitious organisation
We are excited to offer this extensive benefits package to ensure we can work with the most impact-led individuals the UK has to offer!
The Education Recruitment Consultant role
- Supporting the growth of our workforce across the UK
- Responding to our current recruitment needs an executing a candidate sourcing strategy in line with these needs
- Actively contacting suitable potential tutors and inviting them work with us
- Reviewing CVs and inviting candidates to interview
- Prioritising applicants in-line with our wider company needs in terms of specific skill sets and recruitment areas
- Interviewing potential tutors and passing candidates in line with our company values and mission
- Tailoring your engagements with potential candidates to determine their suitability for specific placements
- Facilitating the end-to-end progression of candidates through our Recruitment flow
- Utilising the Recruitment inbox to respond to related queries from candidates
- Maintaining the integrity of our Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding practices within the Recruitment flow
- Providing ad-hoc support to our Head of Recruitment and Recruitment team
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about education and the impact we can have on the lives of young people. You’ll be keen to get stuck in, learn quickly, and take on new challenges. A high level of emotional intelligence is essential. Experience in education and an understanding of the sector and the current state of educational provisions for young people with SEND and Looked After Children would be an asset in this role.
- Demonstrable commitment to changing the lives of vulnerable young people
- Previous experience in an recruitment role
- A people-centred approach
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT literacy and the ability to learn and adapt to new systems
- Education experience
- Knowledge of special education needs
- HR experience
- Interviewing experience
- Experience within a small and fast-paced team
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience using Trello, Airtable, Front or similar CRMs
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter, outlining your relevant skills and experience that can help make a difference.
It is a strict requirement that you have the ability to work in a way that promotes the health, safety and wellbeing of children and young people and follow safeguarding policies and procedures at all times. We take Safer Recruitment seriously and only those candidates who are able to demonstrate their ability to safeguard the safety and wellbeing of children and young people will be considered for this role.
We are keen to hear from candidates from all backgrounds. The over 2 million vulnerable children in the UK are disproportionately constituted of minority and LGBTQIA+ communities, as well as people with disabilities, refugees and migrants, and people living with mental health conditions. It is integral to our mission of raising the standard of support for the UK's vulnerable learners that we engage individuals from all backgrounds so that our team can better share/relate to the experiences of our students.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis.