We are looking for a Strategic Recruitment Manager to join the Targeted Provision team on a permanent basis to support us in our mission of hiring the UK’s best holistic and trauma-informed SEND specialists.
At Targeted Provision our mission is to raise the standard of educational support offered to vulnerable young people in the UK.
We work with schools and local authorities to provide specialist tutors and mentors for children and young people with additional educational needs.
We also support mentoring and engagement / re-engagement for young people in need of Alternative Provision. We believe that with the right support and role model in their lives, every child can grow in confidence and succeed in learning.
Our Recruitment Team takes a quality-first approach in ensuring that every SEND specialist we work with is Safely Recruited and can deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support.
What we offer our Strategic Recruitment Manager:
- 32 days of annual leave and an additional day off on your birthday
- Discretionary shutdown between Christmas and New Year
- Private Healthcare and Dental Plan
- Flexible working hours
- The flexibility of a hybrid role
- Extensive CPD and upskilling opportunities, including unlimited access to the full Tes CPD suite
- Termly company events with the wider Targeted Provision Team
- Working within an early-stage company focussed on the development and wellbeing of its team
- A place within an ambitious and fast-growing company of child-centred individuals committed to transforming the world of support for vulnerable young people for the better
- The opportunity to be heard, make real change within the team, and be part of the growth of an ambitious organisation
We are excited to offer this extensive benefits package to ensure we can work with the most impact-led individuals the UK has to offer!
The Strategic Recruitment Manager role
Your role will be to lead the Targeted Recruitment team to proactively recruit and engage workforce across various areas of the UK, in accordance with business need. You will be supporting the Head of Recruitment in developing a strong recruitment strategy, coordinating the team to proactively recruit in areas of high priority to meet demand. You will be responsible for ensuring the team are attracting the right talent, and continuously looking to develop ways to engage candidates and ensure retention of existing candidates. It is important that you keep the company's values and ethos at the forefront of all decision making and across all communications both internally and externally.
Leadership and Management:
- Managing team of Targeted Recruitment Consultants
- Remaining responsive to the companies recruitment needs, and coordinating the team’s workload and priorities in line with this
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of the team through the collection and analysis of weekly metrics
- Reporting statistics to the Head of Recruitment via weekly reports, providing feedback on trends, areas of concern and highlighting strengths
- Optimising processes through the implementation of operational changes, with the aim to make workflows as efficient as possible
- Troubleshooting team queries and challenges
- Conducting fortnightly check ins and termly reviews with team members
- Supporting with the recruitment of internal hires into the Recruitment Team
- Supporting the team with projects, identifying potential areas for improvement, and coordinating the creation of project plans, timelines, and appropriate goals
Strategy and execution:
- Supporting the growth of our workforce across the UK
- Leading on the coordination of proactive recruitment – CV searching, workforce engagement
- Leading on the coordination of Targeted Recruitment – managing priorities, assessing recruitment viability, reporting areas to highlight/ those of concern
- Responding to targeted recruitment requests, assessing the viability of proactive recruitment, effectively managing expectations with team members and having oversight of the progression of such requests
- Liaising with the wider team, to ensure recruitment efforts are aligned with business needs and providing feedback and suggestions for potential areas of growth
- Having oversight on tutor applications and closely monitoring pre-interview tutor figures
- Working closely with the Recruitment Compliance Manager, to ensure both teams are working in sync with one another
- Supporting the Head of Recruitment with external account management – providing data analysis and liaising with various external agencies
- Providing support to the Head of Recruitment with various ad-hoc tasks
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about education and the impact we can have on the lives of young people. You’ll be keen to get stuck in, learn quickly, and take on new challenges. A high level of emotional intelligence is essential. Experience in education and an understanding of the sector and the current state of educational provisions for young people with SEND and Care Experienced children and young people would be an asset in this role.
- Experience managing a team within Recruitment and Staffing roles
- A high level of emotional intelligence.
- A person-centred approach
- A passion for raising the minimum standard of support for the UK’s vulnerable learners.
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish rapport and build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- A strong understanding of safeguarding and child protection.
- A commitment to Safer Recruitment practice.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Previous experience working in a tutoring, teaching or related role.
- Experience working with vulnerable young people.
- Understanding of the education sector in the UK
- Experience using Trello, Airtable, Front or similar CRMs
- Experience within a small and fast-paced team
- Experience in a customer facing role
We look forward to receiving your CV, outlining your relevant skills and experience that can help make a difference.
It is a strict requirement that you have the ability to work in a way that promotes the health, safety and wellbeing of children and young people and follow safeguarding policies and procedures at all times. We take Safer Recruitment seriously and only those candidates who are able to demonstrate their ability to safeguard the safety and wellbeing of children and young people will be considered for this role.
We are keen to hear from candidates from all backgrounds. The over 2 million vulnerable children in the UK are disproportionately constituted of minority and LGBTQIA+ communities, as well as people with disabilities, refugees and migrants, and people living with mental health conditions. It is integral to our mission of raising the standard of support for the UK's vulnerable learners that we engage individuals from all backgrounds so that our team can better share/relate to the experiences of our students.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis.