Bridges is a specialist private markets investor founded in 2002, focused on the transition to a more sustainable plant and a more inclusive economy.
Bridges has raised over £1.5bn across our platform of four fund strategies, and are recognised internationally for our 21-year track record of proven results, and our ongoing thought leadership in impact-driven investing.
Bridges is seeking a Sustainability Analyst/Associate to assist on the day to day activities of our Property funds.
The Bridges Property Funds specialise in sustainable and impact-driven real estate investing. Since 2012, we have developed over £2bn of assets across 80+ transactions, delivering attractive investment returns alongside positive social and environmental impact.
Through our impact-led strategy we identify locations and sectors where changing demographics and societal needs are driving demand. We then source investment opportunities via our strong industry networks – often working in tandem with specialist joint venture (JV) partners – and apply our sustainability-led approach to building design and development. This enables us to create highly attractive, future-proofed assets that also support better outcomes for people and the planet.
At Bridges we are currently fundraising for our sixth property fund. We see a market need to deliver properties that drive positive impact in areas in the living sector, healthcare and logistic sectors as well as decarbonise the built environment.
Bridges is now seeking an analyst/associate to assist the Sustainability Director of the property funds and the wider Impact team on managing the sustainability and impact of our assets. We are looking for someone passionate about real estate, impact and sustainability to join our team.
Highlights of the role:
· working closely with the Bridges Impact team and JV partners to deliver the required social and environmental impact performance for the Property Funds including supporting the building design, planning and construction process, science-based target setting, research, data analysis and legislative compliance.
· assisting with some of the critical sustainability and impact-related client reporting and disclosure requirements such as GRESB, UNPRI, SFDR, ISSB, TNFD and other reporting standards
· making sure that Bridges policies are followed by JV partners and our supply chain.
Key attributes we’re looking for in a candidate – you’ll have:
· a genuine passion to drive positive social and environmental change in property.
· technical skills in real estate development and sustainability
· excellent attention to detail.
· prior knowledge and strong experience of sustainability in the commercial and residential property sectors, particularly around sustainability certifications, well-being in the built environment, social value, climate change, energy and carbon analysis.
· proficiency in excel to assist us in the management and reporting of sustainability performance data and carbon modelling, to support our ambitious net zero carbon objectives.
· exceptional stakeholder management skills to manage relationships with JV partners, our operating business and consultants to guide them on data collection and managing sustainability performance to the required level.
· you’ll be team player, interested in going the extra mile for the benefit of the team and work closely with different teams across the business, including but not limited to the Property Team, Impact Team, Client & Strategy Development, Finance Team etc.
Your experience will include:
· 2+ years (for Analyst level)/ 5+ years (for Associate level) of experience working in sustainability consulting, management consulting, architectural, engineering, surveying or climate change consulting
· Experience with energy strategies, CIBSE TM54, NABERS, ISO 5001, Net Zero Carbon buildings, quantifying, interpreting and benchmarking energy and water usage, waste management and recycling in buildings (for both new and existing buildings).
· Good knowledge and applied understanding of EPCs, DECs, MEES, ESOS, BREEAM, WELL, Fitwel and low energy design principles is desirable.
· Ideally previous involvement carrying out GRESB assessments and/or preparing sustainability reports to recognised standards such as the GHG Protocol, GRI and INREV guidelines.
· Excellent academic qualifications, a relevant degree (preferably Masters) in a science or engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services, Architecture, Building Surveying, Energy Management, or another relevant topic like climate change would be an advantage.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, adept at working with multiple stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as strong analytical and research skills.
Compensation and Benefits
The remuneration offered will be commensurate with experience.
· The health and wellbeing of our employees is really important to us. We offer a range of benefits to you, including enhanced family friendly policies, employee healthcare benefits (PMI and Dental), employee protection benefits (group income protection and life insurance), an employee assistance programme, alongside other well-being initiatives to promote a healthier working environment.
· You will have25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, and a 5% contribution to the company pension scheme
3-6 weeks in total.
Applications will be open until Sunday 17th September 2023.
We will filter applications from the 18th September and will begin to arrange interviews shortly afterwards.
We will ask candidates to complete a case study as part of the process.
Know someone great for this role?