bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing e-commerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Operations Team at bloomon
We’re responsible for hand-tying and delivering tens of thousands of flowers per week across five countries (and counting). How? By combining a dedicated hands-on mentality with data-focused strategic thinking. We relish the challenge of keeping our blooms super fresh on their 36-hour journey from flower bed to table. We create every arrangement with care to ensure consistent superior quality as we spread happiness. As the logistics hub for dozens of external depots per country, we operate our dense network of long-haul shipments and local traffic like professionals. Our multidisciplinary team is organised, punctual, and results-oriented. We love seeing the rewards of our efforts in happy customers. We enjoy the freedom and opportunity to optimise the business environment where there is never a dull moment.
One of our key processes is the delivery of thousands of bouquets to customers. We do not have our own fleet, but collaborate with loads of external partners to organise our last mile logistics. Bloomon-trained drivers use vans for our dedicated delivery service. Additionally, we work with major parcel networks to ensure deliveries in the rural areas.
What will you do?
In the role of Logistics Coordinator, you are the first point of contact for all our external logistical partners. You are responsible for making sure they have the latest order updates, you help them out when they have questions or last-minute issues, and you make sure to inform them of all relevant information about upcoming deliveries. Next to our external partners, in this role you will work closely together with your colleagues in the Logistics Team, our Warehouse Team and our Customer Service team to achieve operational excellence and optimising for customer satisfaction, delivery performance and associated cost of goods sold.
You will be responsible for:Managing the day-to-day relationship with our dedicated network and long-haul partner to ensure we are meeting agreed service levels Creating and using internal and external delivery reporting to ensure we are meeting service levels and reacting to live issues Helping to design in-depth business cases to inform analysis and strategy Managing shipping set-up in our internal backend system to optimize delivery setup based on recent data, schedule bank holidays, and coordinate peaks Supporting in planning and executing projects at any one time, and championing operational excellence by applying an analytical and strategic way of thinking.
YouYou just graduated from university and are ready to kick-start your career Analytical skills - a data-driven decision maker who is comfortable analyzing data and deriving insights in Excel, through detailed model-building in particular You have a flexible mindset and thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders (from delivery drivers to warehouse account managers) and put customers first You’re excited about problem-solving with others in a fun and caring team You sweat the details and take care in your work to consistently deliver excellence Fluent in English and Dutch (speaking and writing) Available for either 32 or 40 hours per week.
To care wildly for our customers, first we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working (core hours from 10-4pm)
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Summer hours: every Friday afternoon off during July and August (trialling in 2023)
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a Swapfiets, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Phone allowance
🌴 Time off
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’)
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health and wellbeing
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Our office kitchen is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
💐 Moments that matter
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- We love to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!